Need some advise on E-Series vs Coinmaster

george76

Mar 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok everyone. I am looking to get into this as a new hobby. Have no dreams of finding lost gold or becoming rich I just want to poke around, find old stuff, some coins and maybe even some lost jewelry. I am a history nut so old stuff is cool to me. A bulk of the detecting that I would be doing would be in NE Pennsylvania with a concentration on old home sites.

Anyway I have it narrowed down to a White's detector. I am not sure what one is more suited for me though. The coinmaster seems nice and easy but what I DI NOT want to happen is to turn around in a year or two and end up buying an E-Series because I want to upgrade. Basically what I am asking is this, is the E-series way too much detector than I will ever need or should I just spend the money once and have the detector that I will eventually want?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned both. (MXT Pro & Coinmaster Pro)

No comparison! NONE! The Coinmaster series is joke (sorry to all you current owners) and the worst machines I've ever owned. The fitting is sloppy, falses beyond belief, no depth, coil selection is VERY low...I could go on but you get the idea.
My MXT Pro is one of the best machines I've ever had. You really don't know how good it is until you use "higher end" machines. It was truly a great detector. I wish I hadn't got rid of it.
Get yourself the M6 or an MXT and a couple of different coils and you're set for life! (Really!)

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with fella about getting a M6 or a MXT or MXT PRO. They are simple and powerful!! The M6 can be learned in about 20 minutes and then lots of practice. The MXT is the big brother and the PRO is the biggest brother of that platform. There are 7 Whites coils for the E-series and only 3 for the coinmasters.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
George,
Welcome to the forum.
The M6 is a coin magnet. My bride loves hers. However, if you think you might be interested in finding relics at those old home sites, I think you might be better served by the MXT Pro. While the MXT is a good machine too, it is not as capable as the Pro. So I would choose the M6 or MXT Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions