Need some clarification on GB for X-Terra

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O.K. I'm not sure if I'm doing the wrong thing or misunderstanding the manual but while making sure I've got as much information stored in my head I have read the manual at least three times watched the getting started video so I was confident that I was working with my 305 in the proper manner but in the GB section it says "in all metal mode set ground balance" now does this mean my ground balance is not balanced at all if I was setting it in mode1 and mode2?
In other words do you have to be in AM mode to set GB for all 3 modes?
This may sound like an ignorant question but this detector blows me away its nice and quiet until it hits a target which makes me quite happy,no background noise from iron in the soil just a nice even hum that is barely audible I mean if this is the worst of the worst for minelab I hate to sound like a fan boy but I'm impressed I've done a test on top with silver and gold both were hit in the ranges I expected and I did bury some clad just to get a feel for tone and #ID or TID.
Mode1 seems pretty accurate anyhow I hope I'm not burning people out asking questions like this or over thinking the machine but I figure that is why I'm a member of this forum to gain wisdom and knowledge from you guys who know more than me.
Thanks for reading this post and any help you may have to offer in advance.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little misunderstanding. The manual says to use AM to find a clean patch of ground to GB over, not that you have to be in AM to GB.
One thing that the manual doesn't say, is to turn your SENS all the way up to GB and NC, then back it down to stable to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread