rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This question has 2 parts.

1. When in using pinpoint mode. Doe the unit used the front of the coil or the center? (Garrett AT Pro)

2. I located a pretty consistent 75. So I dig, and check, dig and check and so it goes. So I am getting down fairly deep, and still nothing with my carrot. I test with the coil again, and I still get the 75 signal. Why does it tell me that the target is about 8-10 inches down, and when I run the coil over it after digging at least 10 inches, I still get 8-10 inches down. Does this mean the target is much deeper? Or is it some kinda phantom signal?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a video made by Garrett that shows you how to pinpoint. I do it slightly different than the way they show it, but their method is probably better.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the sides of the hole as well, I had the same thing happen I dug a 3' hole and still had a good signal in the hole.
So I probed around the side of the hole and about 2" down on the right side of the hole was a rusty nail, so I removed the nail and the signal was gone.
Still don't understand how this happens but it does.

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also once you’ve got a good sized hole turn your pinpointer sensitivity down to 1 and try that. Seems to help me once I get close.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I usually use the DD wiggle technique, with practice a target can be located extremely fast. :icon_thumleft:

IMHO: This is the best technique to use in the sand or competitive seeded club hunts where time is a factor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread