erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay everyone, I have decided to get a new tesoro. I have a cibola and want to upgrade, obviously. But I want my upgrade to be one I can use for many years to come without having to get a new one with more feature and such. The cibola is great, but I want something more advanced. I've been looking at a used tejon or vaquero. I mostly hunt old home steads and coin shoot and a little relic hunting here and there. I want a manual gb. I live in central Indiana. Any help and input is great. Thanks HH

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either one will give you the manual ground balance. The double discrimination settings on the T is a convenient feature, but from what I've read, supposedly the Vaquero runs a bit smoother. I don't have the T, but like the V I do have. For what you want either should work so let your budget be your guide.
luvsdux

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own and use both, but the Vaquero is my everyday machine. lighter, easier to ground balance and keep balanced, just like the Vaquero in most applications.

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about on depth of coins Terry?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about on depth of coins Terry?

Tejon can see a V-nickel at 10" while the Vaquero can see it at 8.5"-9" in depth.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, a Tejon is deeper on lower conductors. It will hit deeper on a nickel and a gold ring than a Vaquero will, but it won't out do a Vaquero on a silver dime. At least on the units that I've owned.

Both are great detectors, but like Terry says, the Vaquero is the best all round detector. The Tejon in my opinion is the best relic detector. It will hit supper deep on those tiny civil war buttons and lead pound bullets.

tabman

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Or keep your Cibola, with its stock coil, listen to it and it WILL produce what you want.
I was once a detector jumper, always wanted the best then realizing unless you take your time and learn it, you will always want a different one.. :BangHead: But, I guess some folks just have to learn this on their own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread