NEED TO ID THIS COIN, PLZZZ HELP !!!

rajsheel

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin.jpg

Hi,

I have this coin for last 15 Years .. My Grandfather gave it to me as a religious token. Its seems pretty old to me ... It was quite dusky before i cleaned it up.. Now it seems to be silver with golden touch on it.. Can somebody help me to identify this coin plzzzzz...

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm close, but not exact: Ancient 1616 Muslim 786 Copper Most Unusual Token Coin [Rare] | Indian Rupee on Internet The numerals 786 in western symbols, as well as in Arabic, represent the common Islamic phrase "bismillah ur-Rahman ur-Rahim" (in the name of Allah, the merciful, the compassionate) in Abjad numerals.In the Abjad system, to the 28 letters of the Arabic alphabet are assigned numerical values; the cumulative numerical value of the above phrase is 786.
IMO, it's a modern religious souvenir.

Don.......

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish I could help you out! instead I'm just one of those guys that posts anyways :laughing7:. it's really cool whatever it is, and certainly a treasure if it came from your Grandfather. My grandfathers items are my most treasured possessions, it's the only way I can still feel like he's around. he was a great man, and a WWII vet.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a friendly tip - dont ever "clean up" a coin or an antique of any kind. If it is or had been valuable you can easily remove 50% of the value by cleaning.

OP
OP
R

rajsheel

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone... and i am sorry as i am new to this website couldn't find the coins section . @joe777cool .. thanks for the tip .. i surely appreciate it ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions