Need Your Opinions

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
So some of you may know, this past Friday my bank "politely refused" to sell me an entire box that I ordered. The lead teller told me that $300 of the halves were ordered for the bank. Well I still have not gotten over this. I was thinking all weekend about the rest of the box that I should have been able to purchase. I was really hoping to make this bank one of my regular pick ups due to its location near my work but now I'm afraid to go in there and possibly ruffle feathers. I was thinking about visiting the bank and politely asking if I could purchase the remaining halves. The tellers were not rude at all when I visited on Friday. I actually had a good conversation with them. Should I try to ask for the remaining halves or should I just leave it be? What would you do?

Upvote 0

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Ask if you can order an ENTIRE box of halves, in addition to whatever the bank needs for other customers. If the answer is no then provide them will all the halves they could ever want. ;)

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just ask to order 2 boxes and say nothing about the bal of the 1st box. SMILE

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just stop hitting on the tellers.. :laughing9:

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally think you should order 25 boxes to teach that ***** a lesson. Haha no, not really. Actually, maybe?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask them to order 3 boxes, tell them they can keep one box for their customers and sell you 2 boxes.
or... give them a bunch of grungy gooey half dollars you left in a can of old dirty oil for a few weeks.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go in and ask to order another box. When u pick your box up ask if they have any other rolls or loose halves. It is a game to stop you from buying or get you mad. Let it go and pretend the bank didnt order your halves for the week. If they do the same next time ask for dimes.lol

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably some ENDERS showing and they kept them for them selves !!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience there are many more banks than CRH....just let 'em soak at that bank until they get tired of counting them, then go and ask for the rest. I dropped off 9 rolls of halves at a bank about a year ago, and just last week re-bought them. Any CHR that stopped in would jump at the chance to get 9 CWR, so it's pretty apparent no one in that time came in asking for halves.

What happened here is someone had an idea that if you were going to come in and ask for halves others would be too. One rule about people who think they have good ideas, let them run with 'em for a little bit, they will only be offended if you try to bust their spot. Proving them wrong is the best option

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
In my experience there are many more banks than CRH....just let 'em soak at that bank until they get tired of counting them, then go and ask for the rest. I dropped off 9 rolls of halves at a bank about a year ago, and just last week re-bought them. Any CHR that stopped in would jump at the chance to get 9 CWR, so it's pretty apparent no one in that time came in asking for halves.

What happened here is someone had an idea that if you were going to come in and ask for halves others would be too. One rule about people who think they have good ideas, let them run with 'em for a little bit, they will only be offended if you try to bust their spot. Proving them wrong is the best option

Yea I think I'll let the rolls marinate in their vault for a while. My area is not really heavily CRHed. Looking back I also realize that the only reason why she may have been so willing to order a box was the possibility of opening a new account. She seems like the person that would not want to have a standing order of halves at her branch. I'll visit in a couple of weeks and ask again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread