Needing to calculate the time you spend CRH and these awful CRH videos!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The famous rant by coin hobbyists of all kinds that say CRH is a waste of time, "you cant call it profit if you don't calculate the hours you spent finding the coins..", yes that's right to a point but who counts the hours wasted when they love what they are doing and are having fun with it? Its not a waste at all! Do you calculate the hours of wasted time you spend watching football games enjoying yourself? hehe I think not, to those people, you are either trolls or you really don't have fun doing anything at all..To have the mindset of having to rationalize and monetize you're time while doing something fun is beyond me..There's no reason to track hours (other than a nice log) besides the gas money it took to get the coins, that's the only exclusion. The whole process, mapping out the banks, talking to the tellers, buying potential silver at face value and getting home anxiously (or car if your like me and cant wait) to open up those lovely rolls is just awesome..Its like being apart of a secret club that no one else knows about..To me the money is just an added benefit of the hobby, the majority of the fun is the process and anticipation, because lets face it once you found your silver you can only stare at it for so long before you want to grab more rolls and repeat the process..Its the journey along the way that is thrilling..I can't think of an easier way of finding free money and where else to look but the banks lol..I know that if you went around collecting aluminum cans, your back would be sore by the time you collected 5 dollars worth, now that is just stupid! What kind of investment is like this? You invest 500 dollars worth, you get 500 dollars worth of coin, you find no silver, there is no loss and is most likely more fun and social interaction than you would get doing other things..What are your thoughts? :thumb_up:

Another thing is, people and posting these CRH videos on YouTube, are they really making the hobby of finding silver more scarce, or will the normal person even think twice about doing what they see in these videos? With the economy the way it is I could see an increase in lookers but also an increase in uneducated people dumping their collections at facevalue so technically there is more silver out there than ever..I also thought of getting a group of people here to contiguously flag their videos to discourage future posts lol..What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance! :headbang:

Upvote 0

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
Hey guy!!!!I make youtube videos...Dont go flagging em?It took me 4 months to get my videos as nice as they are now,dont go destroying em!!!

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OnARoll said:
The famous rant by coin hobbyists of all kinds that say CRH is a waste of time, "you cant call it profit if you don't calculate the hours you spent finding the coins..", yes that's right to a point but who counts the hours wasted when they love what they are doing and are having fun with it? Its not a waste at all! Do you calculate the hours of wasted time you spend watching football games enjoying yourself? hehe I think not, to those people, you are either trolls or you really don't have fun doing anything at all..To have the mindset of having to rationalize and monetize you're time while doing something fun is beyond me..There's no reason to track hours (other than a nice log) besides the gas money it took to get the coins, that's the only exclusion. The whole process, mapping out the banks, talking to the tellers, buying potential silver at face value and getting home anxiously (or car if your like me and cant wait) to open up those lovely rolls is just awesome..Its like being apart of a secret club that no one else knows about..To me the money is just an added benefit of the hobby, the majority of the fun is the process and anticipation, because lets face it once you found your silver you can only stare at it for so long before you want to grab more rolls and repeat the process..Its the journey along the way that is thrilling..I can't think of an easier way of finding free money and where else to look but the banks lol..I know that if you went around collecting aluminum cans, your back would be sore by the time you collected 5 dollars worth, now that is just stupid! What kind of investment is like this? You invest 500 dollars worth, you get 500 dollars worth of coin, you find no silver, there is no loss and is most likely more fun and social interaction than you would get doing other things..What are your thoughts? :thumb_up:

Another thing is, people and posting these CRH videos on YouTube, are they really making the hobby of finding silver more scarce, or will the normal person even think twice about doing what they see in these videos? With the economy the way it is I could see an increase in lookers but also an increase in uneducated people dumping their collections at facevalue so technically there is more silver out there than ever..I also thought of getting a group of people here to contiguously flag their videos to discourage future posts lol..What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance! :headbang:

Flagging I never thought of that, off to YouTube :)

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy!!!!I make youtube videos...Dont go flagging em?It took me 4 months to get my videos as nice as they are now,dont go destroying em!!!

EZ fella your videos are safe, it was just a thought for discussion, if implemented it would possibly benefit your scores even more or maybe not at all, what are your thoughts on the effects of CRH videos and the increase of people joining the hobby? Does your videos help or hinder finding silver? I would rather hear your opinion on that subject since you actually do videos :). Thanks.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well put, to me it's all about the satisfaction, or rather the compulsion, of the hunt. You have fun doing it and time flies

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I got into the hobby from a YouTube video and I know there are plenty of coin roll hunters in my area who would have had my silver if it weren't for that YouTube video. Now that I am into the hobby, I definitely do not think videos about crh should be posted. If anything, post about the skunks you've recently had so any possible searchers are not attracted.

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
I only make videos about Pennies and nickels,I always say that there is no silver left besides silver nickels.It doesnt help or hurt me in my silver finds,as no one else Coin Roll Hunts where i live.there is no one within a 65-75 mile radius.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into the hobby from a YouTube video and I know there are plenty of coin roll hunters in my area who would have had my silver if it weren't for that YouTube video. Now that I am into the hobby, I definitely do not think videos about crh should be posted. If anything, post about the skunks you've recently had so any possible searchers are not attracted.

That's a good point, if anything on those mainstream sites, discourage people by staging fake CRH videos and showing how its a waste of time LMAO..Stage a 10 box video and show how it was such a big waste of time and how you lost out by doing it. On a side note I have noticed that people will leave comments below videos such as "fake" or "yeah right, you CANNOT find silver anymore", they are either truly unbelievers of CRH or they are secretly trying to discourage people in that manner to weed out the competition. To me it would only be logical to destroy or dampen the voices of other CRH on various mainstream sites such as youtube, to maximize gains. Just a thought.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only make videos about Pennies and nickels,I always say that there is no silver left besides silver nickels.It doesnt help or hurt me in my silver finds,as no one else Coin Roll Hunts where i live.there is no one within a 65-75 mile radius.

thanks for your input..In the grand scheme of things I wonder if pennies and nickles are the gateway drug lol just kidding..

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should post all kinds of FUD on those vids, like its illegal to hoard silver, or silver coins carry disease or something.

CRHing pays me about one OZT/hour after expenses.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should post all kinds of FUD on those vids, like its illegal to hoard silver, or silver coins carry disease or something.

CRHing pays me about one OZT/hour after expenses.

Not a bad wage doing something you love right?! :) Yeah there should be some ridiculous videos staged by our community, "just got done with my 10th box, the good news is i found 5 bicentennials"..Start a rumor that silver is actually clad and vice versa..better yet create fake websites that give inaccurate silver prices lol..Coinflations.com isn't taken..

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the dime guy, and nickle searches are a great distraction from the true honey hole. Halves.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people don't have the money or time or know how so when they pick up what ever and get nothing most just stop.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
No amount of exposure to the hobby will truly make silver go away. The idea that this is some "exclusive club" that very few people know about is laughable. There have been CRHers as long as there have been coins circulating worth more than face value. The thing that makes CRHing unique among treasure hunting hobbies is that there is continually treasure replenished. After a while, a park will simply stop producing old coins because they aren't being dropped anymore. Once a cache is dug up, its not going back in the ground most likely, even after 20 years.

On the other hand, tomorrow someone could dump 5 solid rolls of Bens.

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh shoot...I better delete my videos I guess...Might not though!!!

Last edited:

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it...I'm going to MIT to find a hacker to take down Treasurenet. I'll be like Scrooge McDuck swimming in silver coins...:laughing7:

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I calculated my CRH wage last week. So far this year, I am getting paid $8.50/hr for 22.5 hrs a week. That's every week for the last 9 months. Pays about as good as working for minimum wage in CT (8.25/hr). This is much more fun, I put in about that much time into it, and wal's mart doesn't pay in sweet silver coinage. - HH, Jonathan

ps - most jobs dont pay you to drive to work, either...e.g. mileage or gas money. so it is almost irrelevant to bring that up in a CRH ROI equation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread