worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty interesting to see how evil possesses peoples minds.

onesheet.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
That's one way to look at it. Another way is instead of evil being an outside force that "possesses" the mind, it's simply just an "expression" of a warped mind.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris, I went ahead and indulged you. Just finished watching the movie on Amazon Prime.

About half way through the film all the mind-twisting banter between James and Edward/Nefarious gets to be a bit much, but it was tolerable. Edward gets a double dose off the electrical grid, and Nefarious moves on to someone else, which was predictable.

The bit at the end, with Glenn Beck, played into the whole plot, with again a somewhat predictable ending with the trash lady reminding James that Nefarious was still around.

As I said, it's a work of fiction, IMO. FWIW, I do believe in mental illness, which I have seen plenty of in life, but not demons.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, I went ahead and indulged you. Just finished watching the movie on Amazon Prime.

About half way through the film all the mind-twisting banter between James and Edward/Nefarious gets to be a bit much, but it was tolerable. Edward gets a double dose off the electrical grid, and Nefarious moves on to someone else, which was predictable.

The bit at the end, with Glenn Beck, played into the whole plot, with again a somewhat predictable ending with the trash lady reminding James that Nefarious was still around.

As I said, it's a work of fiction, IMO. FWIW, I do believe in mental illness, which I have seen plenty of in life, but not demons.
Mental illness is the reason for all the wickedness in human nature?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mental illness is the reason for all the wickedness in human nature?

Please define "wickedness" from your perspective. Why do you believe there is only one single reason for all wickedness?

The Cambridge dictionary defines it as: "the fact of being morally very wrong or bad".

A person does something what is wicked (in your view) doesn't mean they need an exorcist.
evil.gif

Chris: I don't believe that this discussion can take place within the site rules. I watched your movie and told ya what I thought. Be satisfied with that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Please define "wickedness" from your perspective. Why do you believe there is only one single reason for all wickedness?

The Cambridge dictionary defines it as: "the fact of being morally very wrong or bad".

A person does something what is wicked (in your view) doesn't mean they need an exorcist. View attachment 2130460

Chris: I don't believe that this discussion can take place within the site rules. I watched your movie and told ya what I thought. Be satisfied with that.
I wish you well Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions