P1010593.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
What a treasure! Ask if you can pay double face value for the whole lot...

-CC

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i tried 2 1/2 times the face they have sentimental value were his dads and grand dads

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
dekalb33 said:
i tried 2 1/2 times the face they have sentimental value were his dads and grand dads

This reminds me of a story. When I was a kid if I wanted money I had to work for it. So I took care of the rich folks yards. One richie (retired doctor) had this big jar of old coins sitting on her countertop in the kitchen. Once I asked her about them and she said they went way back in her family. I remember seeing gold coins in the side of that 1 gallon jar.
One winter when she was in Florida some professionals broke into her home and the only thing they took was that jar of coins. She had items worth loads of money in that house but they only took the coins. Whoever did the job was top class pro. They (he) cut a hole in a picture window and cut through the bars but never left a single finger or foot print anywhere.

Anyway, she really liked me and I'll bet that if I had asked her for some of those coins she would have given them to me. Money meant nothing to her.

This all happened some 45 years ago and to my knowledge the case was never solved.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread