NEL ATTACK 15” COIL on AT PRO test ***

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEL ATTACK 15” COIL on AT PRO test ***

This is from Sunday mornings 3rd test run with this combo. As you can see by the pictures I found 39 coins (none good) at this 1912 house, in the front yard, that has been condemned by fire. (14) coins I found on one side of the front yard that I had went over 2X already with the 5x8 coil. The conclusion is that the original Garrett coils give you tons of info on the target below and tell you what you may not want to dig. The NEL coil tells you what you should dig. You will dig more bottle caps, but you will dig more coins! I found the dragonfly pin on the side I already went over 2X with the 5x8 coil? All of the signals I dug with the NEL coil were solid double pings. I do not know how I missed them with the factory coil? If this NEL coil was a piece of garbage I would also post that, but so far has been awesome. I found (5) wheats on the 2nd outing on lawns I already had went over 2x with the standard coils. I also found a nice “Black Hills” silver ring too! More feedback on the 15” ATTACK coil to follow.

Gary from Oregon md11.jpg md22.jpg md33.jpg md44.jpg md55.jpg md66.jpg md77.jpg md88.jpg md99.jpg

Upvote 4

leafsforever3

Jan 3, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the ring, thanks for the info on that coil. I am interested but not sure about getting one in Canada.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the NEL Hunter coil, similar size to AT Pro stock coil, I like it but I'm still "out to lunch" wondering if it really is any better than the stock coil. The ATTACK 15" coil is large, how do you like it in high trash areas. I have been using the Garret 5X8 coil in high trash areas but I will go over the same area with NEL Hunter coil I have and see if it finds anything that the Garrett 5X8 might have missed. I will do that this coming weekend and report back.

Thanks for the info on your NEL Attack keep it coming

Nice Ring !!!!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does the ATP balance out with the larger coil? My F75 is a beast and I need to get a sling. But then I have the issue of what to do when Im digging a hole. Another tip is the larger coil on the F75 has a different GB setup, yours may too. I just wiggle my coil up and down about a 1/2 inch off the ground. In a trashy area the larger coil picks up all the targets, while I have found stuff, I choose not to use it in trashy areas. Pinpointing has to be dead on or you may find yourself hunting and pecking for a target in the dirt. The larger coil on the F75 is actually more stable and quieter. I wonder if chatter with the small coils is a problem for the smaller atp coils. I was hoping for more depth with the larger coil, how deep are you finding stuff? I can tell you if you just want to scan the surface for recent drops the larger coil is king, you can cover a lot of ground with the larger coil. I look forward to your post. Oh, great job on the ring.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the thing, when you hear the signal loud and clear with a different coil it may be just that. You didn't hear it with the other coil or clear enough to dig. It is amazing when this happens. You kind of think "why didn't I hear that loud signal before?".

I've had experiences when I both heard signals loud and clear with newer coil or barely could hear it with a new coil. I've been back to very small places (say 25 x 25') and turn around and find a silver coin smack dab in the middle and this is after spending countless hours with different machines. I've used what are deemed better aftermarket coils and stock coils and it seems they can find something behind each other.

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is heavier but I am ok and can swing it for 3+ hours with no problems. I know some will think it is too heavy and may want a sling. I have metal detected for years (since the 70's) and this coils performance has nothing to do with just hearing it differently. I have tested it on 3 yards that I have went over in both directions to be sure I did not miss anything with my AT PRO factory coils and when I use the NEL 15" Attack coil I find many more targets not just 1 or 2. The last yard was small and I found 14 more coins and a nice pin that I did not even hear before? The NEL coil is great! I just ordered tonight the 5.5 x 9 Sharpshooter NEL coil to replace my Garrett factory 5 x 8 coil. The NEL coils seem more stable and are very quiet.

Gary from Oregon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread