Nel Coils for ATGOLD

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been thinking about buying one of the Nel coils for my ATG. has anyone here tried the Nel coils i know they have a few models and the videos i have seen on youtube were pretty impressive for trash discrimination and depth. I find the 5x8 alittle bit small for hunting parks it is perfect on pinpointing it just takes alot longer to get through my grid areas. i have thought about getting the 8.5x11 from garrett but i have had lots of PP problems on my gtp1350 with it any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.8-)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
There have been mixed revues on those after market coils. I seldom see comments on the Garrett forums. You might want to try post this question on a few more Garrett Forums.

Good luck!

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I use NEL hunters on my X-Terra's and CSI Pro with excellent results.........see a few AT-Gold/NEL Hunter users over here with similar reports.

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you i just searched google for atgold forums found a couple but no info on the nel coils or how well they perform on the atgold. i will keep looking around im sure ill find something or ill just have to buy one and findout for myself. thanks again for the suggestion

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
There is a NEL distributer in the US now so no more international deals or weeks of shipping so go for it

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a NEL distributer in the US now so no more international deals or weeks of shipping so go for it

OK, throw us a bone here. Who, where can I get a NEL in the US?

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you for the U.S. sites i almost bought a used one on ebay for almost the same price as the new ones from the the link fireguy posted. i am sure glad i checked here first thanks again all of you for the help and info.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Not a problem. Which coil are you going with. I just got my storm in the mail today for my ace 250

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm definitely going to be getting the nel hunter it's supposed to have really good discrimination and great depth.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the largest coil NEL had for my ATP, (can't think of the name right now) it seems to overload in trashy areas (expected), did an air test on a silver dime, picked up about 2" in depth, found a dime in the yard with a great clean signal, didn't dig it, switched to the stock 8.5 x 11 coil, signal was good but not as good / clean with the NEL coil. My opinion is NEL makes a good coil for extra depth, downside is it seems to weigh twice as much, plus it was "chattery" when trying to ground balance, might just be a problem with the large coil, I think it's 15 x 17.

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i finally ordered the nel hunter today can't wait to get it

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got my Nel hunter on monday and was able to test it in my back yard for an hour the increase in depth is incredible im getting an extra 6 inches. i found a 1940 wheat cent and what looks like the grill for a BBQ or small garden fence also found a dime another penny a nickle and a few other metal objects i am very impressed with the new coil you can definitly feel the extra weight i noticed my swing is much slower with this larger coil im going to have to put my swingy thingy on. one more thing i really liked is that the numbers seem tighter and more accurate. HH

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Well first time out with the NEL storm in my back yard produced this at 9".

ForumRunner_20140221_174041.png

ForumRunner_20140221_174051.png

OP
OP
P

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find i cant wait to find my first silver coin i usually just find clad and jewelry. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow to the local parks with my son and get some more practice with my new Nel coil. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions