NEL Coils on AT pro?

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Digger, I can tell you the bigger coil will give you a bit more depth. Not like you might think though. But it will spoil some of your small shallow finds, call it energy blow out on top. I personally luv the NEL coils I own several, but none bigger than the Hunter 12.5 x 8.5 My personal fav is the Sharpshooter 9.5 x 5.5. Its funny I own NEL coils for my Fisher and other detectors and even one for my old Bounty Hunter's, but I don't own one for my ATP. I have used them on the ATP though. There a bit more sensitive, and you can crank them up a bit, but again, you can blow out your shallow targets with too much juice. careful with too much sensitivity. If you are certain that the targets are below 12 to 13 inches, then go for the bigger attack coil. Good Luck!!

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've just placed an order for the NEL Coil Hunter for my AT Pro...

I won't be getting it until next week, so plenty time this weekend to break-in my new AT Pro, run some tests and then install the NEL Hunter coil next week...

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't say anything about the other coils but the Nel storm is the greatest. I consistently find coins in the 6 to 8" range. Yesterday I dug a standing liberty quarter at 10 inches. I knew it was silver before I dug. The best part about the bigger coils is not that you get more depth (you do) but you cover more area. I cannot thoroughly cover more area in less time. Heres a link to my finds with the Storm. The are all from public supposedly hunted out parks

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/groups/north-west-treasure-hunters.html

Happy hunting

MackDOg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread