Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that might be stretching it a little, but it is a trident. Probably left behind by a child playing during low tide,
I took my new Excalibur to the beach yesterday. It has a 10 inch coil. My old Excalibur has an 8 inch coil, so it took a little practice to get used to the difference in pinpointing. The machine in my opinion worked flawlessly.
I got a little education out of 2 of my target recoveries. I noticed when I retrieved a 2006 Canadian Quarter, it was sticking to the magnet I have installed in my scoop. The same thing happened when I recovered a 2006 Canadian Dime. When I got home I did a little research. In the year 2000, Canada changed the composition for some of it's coins. The quarters are now 94% steel while the dimes are 92% steel.
My find of the hunt was a Stainless wedding band. It is marked 316L. That grade means that this Stainless Steel is alloyed with Molybdenum. Molybdenum makes the steel corrosive resistant.
Quite an edjumication you can get out of this hobby.

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

Upvote 10

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yep, Canadian coins are trash now. All you need is a long very strong magnet to pull behind you if you want newer coins. Even the pennies and loonies and toonies are steel. They did away with pennies a few years ago but you can find them and bring them to the USA to use.

Our money is fiat money but at least it isn't steel YET.

Nice to get out isn't it?

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the ring. Any ring to me is a good find. Congrats

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for sharing the edumacation and your finds Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I love my Excal with an 8" coil. I use it in the saltwater environment in heavy trash areas (usually rocky) and when snorkeling. For dry and wet saltwater sand, I use an eTrac with 17" Nel.

aj

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ring ATW! Neptune's Trident is my favorite chewing gum....Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread