Nest cam hacked! Family verbally abused through in-home camera

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe

This is real stuff people. Its been done to me. Not by foreign people, but by locale towns people . Smart tv, phone,laptops . They can turn on your microphone too,listen to what your saying and talk to you. I also found out there is a market for this stuff on the Dark web. People get their jollys off on watching kids,couples,singles. Be careful. I got a couple of bad groups hammering me with this.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is real stuff people. Its been done to me. Not by foreign people, but by locale towns people . Smart tv, phone,laptops . They can turn on your microphone too,listen to what your saying and talk to you. I also found out there is a market for this stuff on the Dark web. People get their jollys off on watching kids,couples,singles. Be careful. I got a couple of bad groups hammering with this.

That is why I do not use Alexa, I have voice command disabled on my Ruku and Firestick, and the camera on my laptop has tape on it so it can only be seen when I take the tape off for webcam use.

OP
OP
lightspirt

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
That is why I do not use Alexa, I have voice command disabled on my Ruku and Firestick, and the camera on my laptop has tape on it so it can only be seen when I take the tape off for webcam use.
Nice, wish i had knew that sooner. I also found out there is a hidden cam where the remote eye is. If you use a flashlight you can see it. Same thing as your fix a small piece of tape and your good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread