deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what either of these two things are? Could the thing on the right be a nesting weight cup? It's a little over an inch tall and an inch wide and it's heavy for it's size.

imagejpg1_zps6ece1770.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsf55109ff.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsbf75f89a.jpg

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say that it is the right size, and shape, and weight, to be a Christian Communion-service "wine" cup... which is something I've personally seen and used many times. Those are base-heavy so that despite their small size they don't tip over easily when a group of them are carried to the altar on a serving-tray -- nor when fumble-fingered kids and shaky elderly folks try to pick one up from the group on the tray.

Upvote 0

Rockdigger2

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2014
Culleoka, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're they found in the same hole ? Area? Just thinking here! Could the right piece fit inside the left and serve as a water regulation device? Think of an old timey garden hose sprayer. If you twist it fans the water out.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the cup is for Holy Communion then maybe the threaded piece was for holding burning incense and you are just missing the rest of the piece the threaded one goes in.

Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that top hole-y thing fits the cuppy looking thing,
could it be a tea diffuser?
sorry, I'm not good at tech talk.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two pieces were found at the same site,not together or close to each other.
The piece with all the holes in the top is threaded at the bottom and is also heavy or thick.

imagejpg1_zps389d5c66.jpg

The piece with all the holes at top looks like an extra large salt or pepper shaker top.lol With the threads on the one piece I can't see any way the two would go together.

The Communion Cup thought sounds pretty good to me.I was thinking candle snuffer with out a handle but all the ones I looked at were tapered?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions