NETFLIX: "Operation Gold Rush"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught the first episode,you reminded me to catch the second. I thought it was worth watching and a refreshing change from the other shows out.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was ok, but their sluice was terrible. They wasted a lot of gold and only got 0.2 grams, could've gotten more with a better sluice and if they washed the gravel first.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched it last week Terry. Beautiful scenery and they showed the hardships the people encountered when getting to the Klondike area. Interesting how much Gold came out of there and how few people found it.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really should have sent people that know at least, the most basic information about how gold reacts to water and motion. Every time I saw anyone of them looking at the full pan with a half cup of water [emoji97] I wanted to throw a brick at the TV !!

At best, a poor attempt at minor drama.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I liked about the three shows, was the LACK of drama. I enjoyed watching three novice greenhorns make the journey like the thousands that attempted the trip over a hundred years before them. I enjoyed seeing the "Golden Stairway" up close and personal. The geologist seemed a bit clueless, and they didn't really find any gold, but that was the reality for thousands of men that made the trip and survived. I give it a "B-.":coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that part was more like the reality ( minus the motor boat pull on the other side.
The bloody nose was a reality shot...
Just knowing that the camera crew made it (and saved them by pumping the water out of the, otherwise sinking boat [emoji571]*♀️!)
That was a good reality shot.
I might go as high as B/B+

It was pretty close to the real experience for the crew that made it.

I think that I am just tired of “ reality shows” in general. Just because the camera crew is always in the background.

“March of the penguins “was an excellent exception to that! I felt like I was freezing while I was watching that one.

They set the high water mark on that one, and made it hard for the rest of them to compete....

I’m sorry that I am such a cynic...

#/;0{>~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread