Nevada desert by the bonneville salt flats

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
The Wife and I came to Nevada to spend the weekend so I took some pictures of the desert with my phone. These are about 5 miles south of the Bonneville salt flats on the freeway. Man it's barren out here. Could you imagine going across this in a covered wagon being pulled by oxen? I hope these turn out OK. I'm on a wireless connection with my laptop and it's taking forever to down load from the phone to the computer and then to the site.

I hope you enjoy these.

sparkymaster

Attachments

• IMG00003.jpg
    IMG00003.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG00004.jpg
    IMG00004.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG00006.jpg
    IMG00006.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG00007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG00008.jpg
    IMG00008.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG00009.jpg
    IMG00009.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG00010.jpg
    IMG00010.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG00011.jpg
    IMG00011.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 261

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Nevada desert by the bonniville salt flats

I like the desert, plenty of open space to explore...a lot of blue sky and sunshine. :icon_sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have never been to the desert i would love to visit it some time! :icon_sunny:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

The photos are great Sparky!

Man! You got that right...
It would be one step this side of hell, crossing that on foot!

I've puttered over it in open 4x4 jeeps, been crossed up sideways in top gear on dirtbikes at full throttle,
and wondered if I would ever get to the horizon at well over 100mph in a hotrod car on the hiways!

Nevada is a very interesting place, for sure.
There's gold and silver in those hills!

HH
rmptr

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
The pics turned out great! I too, love the desert...seems when I move away from home and come back I realize it most....those wide open barren spaces are something I miss when I am someplace where you can't see a block away in any direction...come home and look out over the miles and miles of space and it is like taking a vice off my head. lol I don't know how else to explain it. I guess we get used to being able to see a long distance and when I can't I feel closed in after awhile and it is not so noticeable until I am not closed in anymore. Thanks for sharing the photos!

OP
OP
sparkymaster

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Hey everyone, we're back!

I'm glad you liked the photos. My new phone is a Blackberry Pearl and it does take awesome pictures. I had the quality turned all the way down so I wonder how good it can actually get, I'll have to try it out.

I like the desert too but it's not some place I'd go unless I had to. I think everyone should see it once in their life. You'll just never get the full feel of it's power unless you're there in the middle looking out. It's beautiful but scary. Put me in the mountains and I'd stay as long as I could, Put me in the desert and I can't get out fast enough.

We never stopped on our way through to Wendover where we stayed to gamble but we did see some people stopped along the way. It was kinda crazy, from just out of town on one end to just out of town on the other end there was this blanket of broken glass shards and plastic bottles that covered the entire side of the road. I did see names spelled out with bottles and rocks, I think the bottles are getting more common than the rocks now.

This was funny as HELL. At one point the wife said, I wonder why so many people throw away half drank bottles of apple juice or gatoraid or what ever that is. OMG!!! I just about died, it only took a few seconds before she realized what it really was. She had that look about her like the answer hit her as she asked the question. I told her we could stop and get the full ones if she wanted to save em. She denied the offer, You gotta love innocence.

I hope everyone has a wonderfull holiday today.

sparkrmaster

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sparky,
The pictures are so beautiful to me, flat in the desert area and then the mountains in the background.. Love it..glad ya all had a good time and are home safe...

Ps dont eat yellow snow either...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread