Nevada search results

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Well I went to the center of Nevada to search a lead and found a HUGE open,endless,expanse. I found what I thought was my treasure place but it ended up not to be what I had envisioned. I didn't find the riches of gold and silver but it was still a blast to go. Maybe a little more book work is in order and a bit more fact checks. I do feel it's there somewhere. So here are a few pics. Some of you may have seen this yourselves. I checked out Pogues Station here,I am certain someone used a tractor to shove this shack around to this spot. It just didn't have the flat spot foundation it should have had. Plus all the dirt and crap shoved up behind it..... it looks placed there. What do you think? The nails are round head too so it can't be to old. NVRADAR

Attachments

• DSC04479.JPG
    DSC04479.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC04469.JPG
    DSC04469.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 471
  • DSC04474.JPG
    DSC04474.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC04479.JPG
    DSC04479.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC04479.JPG
    DSC04479.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 461

tazzy75

Oct 7, 2008
We have been out there probably 30 times in the past 20 years, we
went all over that area, and if there is something there, it is very well
hidden.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Hello Tazzy75 If Old man Pogue did hide his money don't you think he would have hidden it within a quarter mile? If he were constantly putting money in it he would have needed somewhat easy access....I think. I don't think that kind of stash would be one to be way far away. Just a thought. Have you ever found any artifacts there?

I was running a different lead but figured since I'm there I would have a look around. I do think the lead is a true one I'm searching but I need some more facts from the archives so I know exactly where to look. IE a plat map.

See the lizard? Poor little guy!

Attachments

• DSC04480.JPG
    DSC04480.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
I did go out to search it. I couldn't find any artifacts ( glass or cans) to suggest anyone lived there for any amount of time. It was a corral setup for branding cattle that was on google earth. I have to find a plat map for that period or a death cert. I am quite certain this is a real deal I have here. It was in an old news paper article so I must find his old place. NVRADAR

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
That story caught my eye years ago, but I am not so sure that old man Pogue
had anywhere near the kind of money he was reputed to have. I canceled a
trip there a few years back, just didn't believe it would be worth it.
Thanks for the pictures, though, we all get curious.
Rich

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Well If he charged what is said for as long as he was there he would have buried some of his money. It's a very very empty place with so many places to look it's a bit overwhelming to stand there and think of where do you begin. I believe he did for sure just not a million dollar pot of gold...... maybe. I hate to try and overthink these things ,but I do try to disprove it in my mind as I read of them. If things sound plausible then I get farther into it. NVRADAR

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
There was an article in one of the Treasure Mags a while back about Pogue
Station written by Jim Straight I believe. He gave his reasons on why
he thought it was overrated. I am not necessarily bolstering my viewpoint,
just adding another one. We need all the help we can get on these stories,
don't we.
Rich

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
For sure everyone has their opinions and reasoning. Coins were found there in the early 1900s. Not many but a few. I was out there on another lead and stopped in because I was close. Just never know. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
If I was close I would stop in, but I am on the left coast, 700 miles
or so. There is always that "What if it is real" wonderment.
Happy Hunting
Rich

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Left coast facing N. or S. ? :tongue3: Have a good one my friend. NVRADAR

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
nvradar
Left coast facing North, or liberal left also. Sun sets over the ocean.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread