Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A view from my job site today! 423C1A09-F0BB-4AB5-A6D4-768B8F5F4FB6.jpeg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love that country...:occasion14:

Been all over Nevada bunches of times, and that country
is a place I could live. Guessing you're somewhere in
western Nevada, not far from the eastern slopes of the
Sierra's?

Not sure what they did to the IPhone8's, but they don't
process images (internal auto-programs) as well as the
Iphone 7's.

This is how your pic was supposed to look:

dfs.jpg

Don't know if I've got another Nevada trip left in me, but if
I can find the energy I'd love to head down there for a couple
weeks come late Fall when it cools off.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My photos are a little blurry today. Need to clean my lense!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wide open spaces for sure. I'm scheduled to do a trip out that way to Yerington, Nevada week after next. I take highway 50 from the Utah Nevada state line all the way to Fallon. They don't call Nevada 50 the loneliest highway in America for nothing. Definitely do a lot of soul-searching out there. Wish I had more time to explore other places when I'm out there.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wide open spaces for sure. I'm scheduled to do a trip out that way to Yerington, Nevada week after next. I take highway 50 from the Utah Nevada state line all the way to Fallon. They don't call Nevada 50 the loneliest highway in America for nothing. Definitely do a lot of soul-searching out there. Wish I had more time to explore other places when I'm out there.

I was about 20 miles south of Yerington where I took this photo. Pine Grove mountains

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was about 20 miles south of Yerington where I took this photo. Pine Grove mountains
I thought the view kinda look like the one from of the pass south of silver springs.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the view kinda look like the one from of the pass south of silver springs.

Since you will be driving the loneliest road in America I will suggest you stop at Garnet Hill outside of Ely. It takes about 10 minutes on a well traveled dirt road to get there. The winter weather should have washed a bunch out. Lots of great scenery out that way.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hiring lol Awesome pics

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you will be driving the loneliest road in America I will suggest you stop at Garnet Hill outside of Ely. It takes about 10 minutes on a well traveled dirt road to get there. The winter weather should have washed a bunch out. Lots of great scenery out that way.
I usually rent a car anymore, because it's cheaper and more comfortable than driving my truck on a 2000 round trip. I made an error in my one post instead Fallon I stay at Fernley, NV. I have driven many back roads in central and northern Nevada over the last 20+ years. One time after a visit to a mine in Midus I decided to head to Elko on the road that goes from there to Tuscarora. Kinda dumb there was a blowing blizzard that moved in and I zig zaged all the way through that country up and over those hills. I did have a fairly new 1997 Chevy 1500 4wd and it control pretty well though it all, but it took me a long time to get to Elko. Those snow storms in northern Nevada come in fast and heavy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread