🥇 BANNER NEVER In My Wildest Dreams Would I Have Ever Thought I'd Find A Cache of THESE!!!

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
***EDIT*** Gold/Silver totals posted in comments on page 9

I'm still shaking as I'm typing this. My buddy Craig and I had some time to get out for a short hunt today. We went to an old home site we had hunted in the past. There was an 1840s house on that property that was demolished about 5 or 6 years ago. We were hoping to find some old coins or other interesting relics, but all we were really finding was junk. There is a ton of sheet aluminum at that site that always fools us. After searching the area where the front yard once was for about an hour, finding only junk and one wheat, I decided to go into the wooded area towards the back of the lot. I searched there for 20 minutes or so and found a small pocket spill of modern clad ($1.47) and some more junk. We were about ready to leave and go to another site when I got a very strong signal that was bouncing from 80 to 85 on the AT Pro. I dug a plug and rescanned the hole. It was still there. Looking closer, I could see the top of a zipper in the bottom of the hole. I dug around it and pulled out a very thick and heavy wallet! I could see some small round impressions on the side, so I just knew it was full of coins... But I was VERY WRONG!!! I tried to open the zipper, but it was so far corroded, that it wouldn't even budge. I took my knife and cut into the side of the zipper. When I pulled it back, I saw some SILVER AND GOLD RINGS staring back at me!! Craig and I were both at a loss for words. I poured a few of them on to my hand and snapped a pic. I really didn't want to open it out there, so I put the rings back in the wallet and went to show the property owner. He was very excited to see something like that, but had no idea how it would have ended up out there. He asked if he could have one, and I said "Of course!" He took one random ring on top. I didn't fully open the wallet until we got back to Craig's house. There were 104 rings total, including the one that I gave the land owner. Some of them are marked "10K", some are marked "14K", there is one marked "18K", and a bunch that are sterling. There is a really neat sterling buffalo ring in the mix too. I haven't cleaned them off yet, so I'll probably be pretty busy with that for the rest of the night. This is definitely a once in a lifetime find for me. Up until today, I had never even found a piece of gold in 20+ years of metal detecting. I can't even explain how I'm feeling right now. Anyway, that was one hell of a hunt! Thanks for looking and HH!

PF

Attachments

• rings1.jpg
    rings1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,189
  • rings2.jpg
    rings2.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • rings4.jpg
    rings4.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • rings5.jpg
    rings5.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • rings6.jpg
    rings6.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 927
  • rings7.jpg
    rings7.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 967
  • rings8.jpg
    rings8.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 870
  • rings9.jpg
    rings9.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 918
  • rings10.jpg
    rings10.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,037
  • rings11.jpg
    rings11.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 839
  • rings12.jpg
    rings12.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 872
  • rings13.jpg
    rings13.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:
Upvote 226

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply incredible! Congratulations on an amazing find!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats it Im going swinging in the winter when the copperheads arent out. I was looking for points last week and on a property Im allowed to look on I saw some old bricks falling into the creek. Must of been an old home there one time. Maybe I will find some treasure to, congrats

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I still can't believe you found that - absolutely amazing!! Congrats on the banner!

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, congrats, and CONGRATS!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on this cache and my heart is beating fast like I found it. Congratulations.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MUST HAVE BEEN A THIEF IN THE FAMILY AND KNOCKED A JOINT OFF SOME WHERE< NEET FIND...........................

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely INCREDIBLE!! I am in shock, just SEEING that wallet full of rings; can't imagine what you must have felt like DIGGING it!!!

MAJOR Congrats!!!!

Steve

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the awesome cache. The rings appeared to be of varied sizes. Leads me to speculate that they were at one time misappropriated. Without inscriptions there is no way to trace. Great find!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cache dude! The stuff dreams are made of right there.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many have had the chance to dig up a treasure that was lost. Very few can say they recovered a treasure that was intentionally buried. Congrats on the awesome find and on the well-deserved banner.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great end to a year. You can now retire from metal detecting with the knowledge that you are amazing at it. You are at the top of the game.....bow out now.....lol. Simply Amazing!!!!

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to echo the others somewhat in saying I think someone collected jewelry at sales and was waiting for the price to go up or the dollar to bottom out. Probably some old timer that lived through the depression and wanted a back up plan.

Go back and find the bag of necklaces now...I'm betting there is more.

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a haul!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on making your first BANNER PinFire! :occasion14:
With a find like that, you'll never have to worry about finding another ring as long as you live! :laughing7:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread