Never know what will come out of a hole you dig!

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....was on an island dig last summer in the pouring rain with French Dave when this rascal slithered out a hole. Not posionous but will give you a nip. Picked him up with my coil and threw him in the woods!
47b7db38b3127cce84960a78d7f900000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me on this one... if you by chance, happen to hear a blood curdling scream... ITS ME.. as I am scared to death of snakes.... the entire neighborhood hears me when I let one loose..and lemme tell ya this much, I can run on air.. drop dead serious...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ewww my daughter kept bringing home snakes for pets until she had to feed one...then she dropped a lil feeder mouse in there.....freaked out and started crying, said she hated her snake for eating.....turned the snake loose and kept the other lil feeder mouse. Never brought home another snake although mice and rats and another dog came home after I told her no more pets. lol

T

trish76642

BunnyBay said:
Trust me on this one... if you by chance, happen to hear a blood curdling scream... ITS ME.. as I am scared to death of snakes.... the entire neighborhood hears me when I let one loose..and lemme tell ya this much, I can run on air.. drop dead serious...
rotflmao!
Im with ya on that one sista! Only thing different, i cant ever scream when i see one, i just freeze up! Kinda like one of those Fainting Goats, except i dont fall over! LMAO

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I think snakes are amazing creatures....from a distance. I don't like them up close either. Great picture Les, Thanks for sharing. I have never seen that snake before less. What kind is it???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BunnyBay said:

:D :D :D

Snakes, for whatever reason, don't bother or startle me much. We get black snakes, rat snakes, corn snakes, milk snales, one i've never seen before moving here called a ringed snake and the ubiquitous garters.

For some reason, maybe a Biblical plague, I kept running across these bad boys last summer. Parson Spiders (a kind of wolf spider/ground spider).

48881103.parsonspider3.jpg

Seems like every time I move a tarp or worked in the garden they'd come out to play. You know a spider is big when you HEAR one moving before you spot it. Ugh.

My wife found one in her kayak with her. Now THAT I wish I'd have had on camera! But then the same thing happened to me later in the year and it was much less amusing. There ain't no "jumping" from a kayak cockpit. :smileinbox:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not bothered by snakes either, I like 'em really they are cute and unique.I've never had one as a pet but a lizard I have had.(2 actually)
Though we don't have many that can kill you here. only 1 poisonous snake is know to live in Sweden. :icon_jokercolor:

T

trish76642

Everybody just be careful!
One of my good friends got in a John Boat one morning to go fishing with her hubby, instead of checking the boat first that had been tied and left in the water, she climbed in, sat down and put her foot right on a water moccasin, it bit her right on the back of her heel! She had to be rushed to the emergency room!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread