Never Seen A Bag Like This ?

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I picked up two bags yesterday from one of my supply banks. I have been using this supply source for a while and their service carrier is Brinks. The normal plastic bag contains 1,000 loose halves. I have two other supply banks and the bags received from them are the same. But this one bag yesterday did not contain loose halves but rolled halves except for the rolls which had been torn open by movement of the bag, so there were some loose halves along with the torn wrappers. My first thought was "somebody's dumps", but since I had never seen this before, I went ahead and accepted the bag. I know that a lot of the coins we get from banks are somebody's dumps, but I was under the impression that when the dumps are shipped back to the service carrier, they are all loosened from their containers and thrown together to be re-bagged or re-rolled and boxed. But I could be wrong on that. Well, I was right, it appears that Brinks, for whatever reason, just threw rolls received into a bag and shipped them back out. Incidentally, there were no keepers found in this bag.
Has anyone else out there had a similar experience? HH

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Got one just like that a month ago. It was a $500.00 bag with mixed loose and rolled. The tellers at this particular bank are notorious cherry pickers. So I assume that the rolled ones were from one of their own dumps. I used to go there to pick up a skunk bag to top off bags on a machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread