matt mullinz

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Pike County,KY
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Dinosaur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months ago while hiking in the mountains near our house in eastern Ky I came across a strange piece of rock,metal,ore? When I smelted this strange rock down the silver began to pour out like you were squeezing a sponge. F8933303-3793-4F13-9848-F6E0D7AEB7D4.jpeg 18B6CD21-978B-4345-92C6-E9C62FE7E386.jpeg EB510C62-48E5-46C8-AA78-B96C32FAB05B.jpeg I was a big sad to hear the guy testing it at jewelry store say he could definitely rule out silver, upon the acid test it was as if you’d poured water on it( didn’t phase it). He believed it to be platinum or some type of materials off an a asteroid . Anybody ever seen anything like this, the middle picture is ore before I smelted it

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get it tested elsewhere. Your description of the "silver" running out when heated sounds exactly like what I read about the cowboys that found the Comstock Lode in Nevada. They put rocks around a campfire and silver started running out of the rocks. WooHoo! Maybe you found a silver lode in E. KY. Gary

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get it tested elsewhere. Your description of the "silver" running out when heated sounds exactly like what I read about the cowboys that found the Comstock Lode in Nevada. They put rocks around a campfire and silver started running out of the rocks. WooHoo! Maybe you found a silver lode in E. KY. Gary

Agreed.

Upvote 0

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this silver running out talk makes me wanna go watch Josey Wales again. Here's to the darn silver runnin out! :occasion14:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

matt mullinz

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Pike County,KY
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Dinosaur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing my research on ways to test platinum, I stumbled across the peroxide method . On the videos the platinum ore and platinum jewelry started fizzing ( little bubbles ) about 5-10 after dropping in cup of peroxide. Sure enough this stuff does the same thing.?��

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread