New 1715 Fleet Diorama is

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I know the other thread about my diorama has been up on the top of the forum page for a long time with no new posts but I just wanted to post a new thread to tell everyone that I just installed a new diorama at the McLarty State Treasure Museum and would really love it if y’all could check it out and give me your opinion on it.

The first one the museum commissioned me for has been a success there and was even recently in a few scenes from a film short about the history of the Indian River and the Treasure Coast. It is a shipwreck scene... I think many of you have seen it already.

This diorama is a modern salvage scene and I tried to make it as realistic as I could within the limitations of the artistic material I used... I’m really pleased with the end result and hope you all will be too...

If you’re in the area, stop by the museum in person and check it out...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574290299.993050.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574290323.580248.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574290356.021253.jpg

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I know the other thread about my diorama has been up on the top of the forum page for a long time with no new posts but I just wanted to post a new thread to tell everyone that I just installed a new diorama at the McLarty State Treasure Museum and would really love it if y’all could check it out and give me your opinion on it.

The first one the museum commissioned me for has been a success there and was even recently in a few scenes from a film short about the history of the Indian River and the Treasure Coast. It is a shipwreck scene... I think many of you have seen it already.

This diorama is a modern salvage scene and I tried to make it as realistic as I could within the limitations of the artistic material I used... I’m really pleased with the end result and hope you all will be too...

If you’re in the area, stop by the museum in person and check it out...

View attachment 1773220 View attachment 1773223 View attachment 1773224

great job phips��

BrianD

Greenie
Oct 5, 2019
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, something i would love to do as would many others, look for sunken treasure like Mel Fischer.

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a museum professional, I say it looks great from here!

WD

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ! Detail !:)

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent attention to detail and the half-circle display is a neat feature. A really nice way to visually portray what it looks like above and below the surface, even to the point of layers of silt in the water.
I especially like how you've made the immediate area at the prop wash clear, but the surrounding area murky from the sediment being blown around.

The process must have been somewhat nerve-wracking knowing that at any point in the creation of it, if something didn't work or look authentic you would have to start over again. Not like a painting where the artist could just add another layer of paint! Very well done.

I haven't been to McClarty in a couple of years but will definitely go back very soon to see it first hand.
Thanks for all your hard work on it.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for kind comments PetesPockets55... you do understand the level of difficulty that came with this project and yes I had a disaster with it... I poured too much “water” at one time and it caused millions of bubbles from the chemical reaction between the two part formula and I had to literally reach in a pull the “water” out as it hardened!!! About an eight inch layer! It was like pulling hot glue and it got everywhere!!! I thought for sure the whole project was a loss... but I cleaned it all up and continued to work on it... and learned a lot for next time... it turned out for better than I expected so I’m pleased...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...it looks great mike....great work my friend. Congrats on completion, its come a long way since I first saw it.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB! We’ll have to get you up here to see it in person and do some beach huntin’!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread