new Ace 250

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have not metal detected in many years just started again. Quit a couple years before I broke my back. found this web page and decided to get back into it. practiced in my yard to found a little clad but still to much of a newbie so went to the park across the street and hit the loose gravel (learn to pin point weed out some trash ect) after a couple days I had the gravel hunted out got my first silver not a coin and my first 64 sadly not a coin either. I don't get around very well so a 15-20 minute hunt is all I am good for. then went to the local swimming hole to try my luck there (a dam made in 1963 filled in 1965) (only found .08 in clad) dug a lot of pull tabs/bottle caps.Way to much trash the machine was yelling at me every inch finally I yelled back at the machine. "darn woman leave me alone" I decided I was doing ok at pinpointing and tried the yard again found lots of wheat's and then the silver pulled a dime then another dime then a quarter. 3 silvers in 3 holes. I was thinking "this is alright" but no more silver. There are lots to still dig went out last night for 10 minutes pulled a 1919 penny (house was built in 1920 then a 1911 penny (town became a town in 1911) I did find a toy ring at 6" no crud like other items at that depth total wheat's from yard 21 (so far) lots of buttons from yard and parks loose gravel The swimming hole is a lot cleaner now. bottle caps/trash tossed but took picture of pull tabs because no one would believe I pulled so many out.

Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the silver..

I use my Ace for clad hunting only, but I've rad alot of posts about the Ace being killer on silver/relics!! Glad to have you back hunting again!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Glad to here you got back into it. Always gives you something to do once you have a unit.

HH Jer

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back I know about those back problems,
My friend Scotto, broke his back, & walks with a cane,
& I have had trouble with mine for years, take it a little at a time.

Fossis....................

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah! Thats one impressive pile of pull-tabs!!

Complements on your patience digging all those out! Wow

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks the only real yuck moment digging was the silver tooth. still had a bit of dried blood on it.

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY Ace 250 is Totally Awsome as well. ;) I use to work at a place near by home its all closed down now but science i have worked there 26 plus years i am allowed in there.
on a swing and a prayer I found another merc :o my first of 07 :o my y first was found in 06 with other silver dimes :o , OK here's My story the place opened in 1954 and it was not paved till the 1960s probly many years after they made enugh monies to tar it all over anyway here is my story. :)

I was walking along as i moved the detectore from side to side small coul i for got to bring my larger coil. So from Under the black to which is about 2-3 inch. Thick I heard a Ding Ding Ding Very faint like abell a medimum ding you know those ace rings anyway ok so I broke through the hard top and went down 8" Plus and there it was A 1943 Merc Dime.
well needless to say I am one happy camper
from garrettman64. ;)

Attachments

• 100_6997.jpg
    100_6997.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 263

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, looks like your on your way to a great year with your ACE 250.

Can I ask what you were hunting in. I usually hunt in the coin mode if there are a lot of pull tabs in the area. The other day, I was hunting in coin and my ACE 250 locked on to a nickel. I dug down 4 inches and there it was a Buffalo nickel, to my surprise there was a pull tab in the hole also. Try putting a nickel down and a pull tab down and run your coil over them. See if the detector doesn't lock onto the nickel and it might not read the pull tab at all in the coin mode. Of course if your looking for ladies rings, then you better hunt in jewelry mode.

I do hope you are using a adjustable headset. Adjustable meaning you can adjust each ear to the volume you want.

Good Luck and hope to see many more posts from you this year.

HH and remember keep your coil to the soil, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread