New Ace 350

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone got in my car trunk and stole my Ace 250 :BangHead: The one night I forgot to lock my car. Well my husband bought me to get a new one so I got the Ace 350 and it came with the DD coil. I am not use to such a big coil. So I guess I need to order the smaller one. Anyways, went to the park to see how it would do. And it was ringing like crazy. I am not sure yet on this one. Don't know if it is the coil difference, but it seems to ring a lot more. I found tonight only a few coins (4 dimes and 5 pennies) and lots of beer caps :sadsmiley: Those get on my nerves worse than pull tabs. But at least I got out. Hope I get use to this coil. Thanks for reading

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
A real bummer myfantasia. I hope their is a special place in hell for thefts. Like everything - you have to get the "feel" of your new puppy. After a few hunts - you will fall in love with the 350.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your 250 loss, I had an ATpro with the DD coil, the 350 is similar to the ATpro...If it is false ringing a lot turn the sensitivity way down and bring it up slowly until it false rings again then back it off a little...also tape the cable from the coil straight up the shaft six or eight inches, if the cable is loose down there it will make false signals as it flops around near the coil. This seems to happen more with the DD coil, for me anyway...good luck with your 350, find something good to post!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your 250 loss, I had an ATpro with the DD coil, the 350 is similar to the ATpro...If it is false ringing a lot turn the sensitivity way down and bring it up slowly until it false rings again then back it off a little...also tape the cable from the coil straight up the shaft six or eight inches, if the cable is loose down there it will make false signals as it flops around near the coil. This seems to happen more with the DD coil, for me anyway...good luck with your 350, find something good to post!

agreed Junkshop!, the dealer i bought my atpro off of set mine up while i was on my way to pick it up. He ziptied the first foot of cable to the shaft with two of these fancy looking black ties and when i asked why he said exactly what you said. I dont get that falsing when you wiggle the detector either.

BTW, fantasia, hang in there with the ace350, sometimes parks are just super trashy and the DD coil is a bit sensitive to that, Once you learn that machine you are going to LOVE it, and i hope the filth who stole your 250 gets caught!

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the theft of your detector, thats aweful. We have a 350 andit really is a good machine but the DD coild takes more practice to get used to over the 250 coil. I think the toughest part of getting used to the 350 for me was the pinpointing feature which is more difficult to master than the 250 was, which my daughter has.
I think in the end you will like the 350 alot ounce your used to it and as for the trashey areas in parks, well I think the 350 is just more sensitive and with that it also allows for a little bit better depth thought too.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He ziptied the first foot of cable to the shaft with two of these fancy looking black ties

I opted for duck tape on my cable...looked better with my old pick up and worn out redwings...(delightfully tacky, yet unrefined)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread