New Addiction

44 Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got into CRH and I am now addicted. So far I have only searched two boxes of halves (Both Skunks) and three boxes of dimes. I have found two rosies, one was in very nice condition. I'm hoping that my luck with halves will turn around with the next box. How many skunks should I expect for every good box that I search?

I'm getting two more boxes of dimes today so I will post about it once I search them. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the hobby and the forum!

The success rate with boxes of halves could vary greatly. From what I've gathered on the forum, most people average between 1-3 silver per box. My average is probably in the 2-3 area. My big scores have come from CWR, so you could always try those for awhile to break up the monotony of skunk boxes...or as a supplement.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness. I would agree 1-3 silvers per box is probably average. For instance, I got 2x68 and a 69 out of two boxes last night. Completely expected, humdrum.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry something got messed up with my account so I had to create this one. What are the averages for dimes?

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry something got messed up with my account so I had to create this one. What are the averages for dimes?

I'm not a huge dime searcher so I don't have a personal take on it. Maybe about the same? 1-3, avg? Any confirmation on this from anyone?

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
2-3 per box of dimes

Ya i agree here. I would say nickles are fun. I do A box a week of them and pull a few silvers. Still waiting on my first buffalo though. Funny story my girlfriends mom got a buffalo in great shape in her change at a QFC while I have been searching for months

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok thanks. I have one last question how many war nickels do you find a box. I have never really considered nickels because you have to look at every single coin instead of just edge searching. I might consider it if there is a good amount of silver per box.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well a box from the feds and a box of CWR's yielded no silver. I had high hopes for the CRW's as most people said that they are better than boxes from the feds. I hope to do better next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread