New alter ego

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'm taking a page from somewhere in the 'batts dimension. Oh yeah, that insurance ad with the guy who plays the part of Mayhem and causes wrecks. A little rewording and I think I've come to earn the title Heymem.

Spent the morning apparently calling them forth from the dirt and they responded. But it was a joint venture. Nick, Patty (good meeting you) Mayo and Mark rounded out the mem cent minions today.

Street work being all around us, one group was pouring cement, the other pulling mem cents. I guess we all earned something. Wait, we all learned something. What am I saying? What I am saying is...
It's raining mems
Hallejulah
It's raining mems
Amen

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Never hated mem cents as much as I do now. But, gotta dig them - Look at Mayo - he turned one into a nice seated!

Now everytime I dig a mem cent that isn't a Barber or a seated, I get real aggravated! :-\ :)

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry rainy day at the street work site!!! If the mem. count was high was the trash pull low??

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Dry rainy day at the street work site!!! If the mem. count was high was the trash pull low??

Yep, if Mayo hadn't gotten those skank cufflinks (matched set) and that tie tac it'd been a bust.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
That day a few weeks ago, when I found the big silver ring, I got a really good deep dime signal, at about the same depth others have dug old coins at nearby. I was just able to isolate the signal amongst trash, and I thought to myself, how lucky am I to be the first to hear this coin??? I dug the plug and scanned the hole, it was still in the hole. I dig some more, it's still in the hole!! I dig some more, and now the Sunray is singing dime all the way!! But now, it's under a thick root. I spent about ten minutes trying to carefully dig around the root so that I wouldn't scratch the coin. Wouldn't you believe it when, at about 8 or 9 inches, out from the side of the hole pops out a '62 memorial. Boy oh boy did I ever dropkick that friggin coin to kingdom come. I felt so sick, I didn't even want to cover the hole. But I did anyway.

Yeah, I know how you feel.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread