New and addicted

Axle

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out for 3 days, about 10 hrs, with an ace 250.
I went to a beach and swept volleyball courts, and some spots that I remember sunbathers being at looking for pocket/ purse dumps. I found a couple bucks of clad and old party spots.
At an old park I found a very old double axe head, and a bunch of coins... Like someone sprinkled the area with dime and pennies, great training ground. Of course trash.
Went to the old baseball field I played as a kid.... Quarters, pennies dimes trash couple nickels...
Now I'm researching old maps with rich history, it's raining , I have no patience. Plastic bag , umbrella time.. Not worried about getting wet, I just don't want to hurt the md.

Upvote 0

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds you've had already, you're on the right track by starting to research & locate old sites, there are a lot of good posts on this site that will give you some great ideas on how to be successful. HH

OP
OP
A

Axle

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some , now and then photos.
I can use trees as reference points.
This one site is fort Lawton. Part of The property now belongs to the city.

New Digger

Mar 4, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro with 12" 300 coil,Sef Wss 10x5 coil,6x10 dd coil,10"dd coil,9" spider
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDinutah,
You must be in St George. I have a home in Harrisburg.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Go to historicmapworks.com I think. See if your area has some maps. This site will overlap the historic maps with Google maps do you can see exactly where the historic places are on today's map.

If you have any questions or need some tips shoot me a message I have a 250 also. I also have different coils if you have questions about that.

OP
OP
A

Axle

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to historicmapworks.com I think. See if your area has some maps. This site will overlap the historic maps with Google maps do you can see exactly where the historic places are on today's map.

If you have any questions or need some tips shoot me a message I have a 250 also. I also have different coils if you have questions about that.

Washington

OP
OP
A

Axle

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washington state

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Go to that website and see if they have any maps. I was able to find a map of the township I live in from 1875 and overlay it. You can't overlay all the maps but try.
Go to browse select the drop down stuff at the top of the page look for a map of the area you are near and when you pull it up hit the button on the bottom of the page that says historic earth basic. The keyword search is kinda hit or miss.

Let me know how it works for you

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try historicaerials.com too. It's a great site for aerial photos and you can slide back and forth and overlay different years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions