New and excited in N.C.

paddles55

Dec 22, 2014
Orange County, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've always been a history buff and was looking for a new hobby. Fifty acres of woods directly behind my house will soon be developed. An old wagon road and the foundation and chimney of an old ( guessing 19th century, could be older ) homestead will soon give way to 17 Drees homes.............so I busted out and bought a Fisher F-2 and all the required accessories. I'm brand new at this but have been lurking this forum for some time. Both the Revolutionary and Civil War history around here is rich. Maybe Wade Hampton led a cavalry detail down the old road to ford the Eno River on his way to join Gen Joe Johnson at the Bennett Farm house to surrender the Army of Tennessee to W.T. Sherman.....the imagination runs wild. Anyway, I'm super excited about my new hobby and look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you !

impul101

Greenie
Jan 23, 2014
Suffolk VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have some great hunting opportunities! Look forward to seeing what you preserve! I'm a couple hours away from you, maybe we can trade hunts if you're interested.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard and good luck hunting ... :hello2:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet! Good luck with your new detector!
It sounds like you have an excellent hunting environment!

OP
OP
P

paddles55

Dec 22, 2014
Orange County, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you have some great hunting opportunities! Look forward to seeing what you preserve! I'm a couple hours away from you, maybe we can trade hunts if you're interested.

Love to down the road......I'll stay close to home for a while....hard to carve out much time with a 8 year old daughter. I want to get her involved and hope it turns into something we can do together. Also, I need some time to get my chops down ! Thanks to all for all of the welcoming comments !

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on your hunts. Sounds like you have a nice place to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread