New Article about the Beale Codes from Mental Floss

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Wonderful writer with a lot of information about the Beale Treasure. I saw a couple of notes in the research that was wrong. But anymore who can judge what is right? Thank you for the article.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for posting the article, it reminded me of something, back in 82 hiking the AT
we were maybe 4-5 miles from, i think it was called bobby gap shelter, and saw some
folks off trail digging. didnt think much about it then,prob shovel over the human waste.
now thinking prob more like dig Beale.
thinking about that reminded me, the winter of 81, i found some weird papers in an old
map atlas collection at USF, about 13-14 papers front and back,had the alpha like below
we were looking @ the old maps,to Md old home sites along the way.
i had made copies, put them back in the atlas have since lost them. the papers were hand
written any ideas on the weird alpha #s

# went to i think like 2000+
paper #1
A 1 2 3, B 4 5 6, - Z 76 77 78
paper #2
A 79 80 81, B 82 83 84,- Z 154 155 156
paper #3
A 157 158 159

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for posting the article, it reminded me of something, back in 82 hiking the AT
we were maybe 4-5 miles from, i think it was called bobby gap shelter, and saw some
folks off trail digging. didnt think much about it then,prob shovel over the human waste.
now thinking prob more like dig Beale.
thinking about that reminded me, the winter of 81, i found some weird papers in an old
map atlas collection at USF, about 13-14 papers front and back,had the alpha like below
we were looking @ the old maps,to Md old home sites along the way.
i had made copies, put them back in the atlas have since lost them. the papers were hand
written any ideas on the weird alpha #s

# went to i think like 2000+
paper #1
A 1 2 3, B 4 5 6, - Z 76 77 78
paper #2
A 79 80 81, B 82 83 84,- Z 154 155 156
paper #3
A 157 158 159

Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe I will get around to trying it out?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...n-in-buried-treasure?utm_source=pocket-newtab

It is quite lengthy, so I'll just post the link to the article. The article purportedly lists the actual code itself.

Here they mention TNet subtly....just short of calling BigScoop and Rebel complete bufoons

Beale enthusiasts refuse to accept this. In fact, when they first encountered these anachronisms, few dropped their shovels or chucked their maps; rather they picked up books and dove into special archives rooms to start a new hunt—a search to find counter-evidence in the historical record that would pile doubt on the doubters. It’s here, in this madcap search for a factual knockout punch, that doing research on the Beale treasure story can become just as addicting as searching for the treasure itself. Because when you don’t find what you’re looking for, you might keep looking … and keep looking … and keep looking … until you can no longer afford to stop.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nah, NOTHING "personal" to/about ME. Are YOU calling ME, a "buffoon"...?

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i talked to Eric today, says he still has the journal he kept, from our
Thunts back in the day,& from his 39 yr old memory he thinks we had
a convo, about the #s being serial publications & Series #s for the
maps and other documents.
i dont really remember that convo, LOL

on a side note, Josh G from EU, is going to hunt Beale treasure today @ 7pm EST

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did email Mr. Josh Gates last May with a bit of details of my solve last May..

b.png

b1.png

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had no luck in any attempt to contact the host of a show to get them to take notice of anything real. Josh had the DOI in his hands on the show and refused to keep the game alive and continue his show from Justintime's discoveries into a multi-part series.

I do have a decent conversation now and then with Brad Meltzer about the facts from his show about the Beale and what I came up with on my own.....they love seeing it to be honest but they also told me that even if they are interested in making the show that they still have to gain the authorization of their channel's producers, and then find a film crew to do the job. So generally they allow the company to make the decisions and then they follow suit.

I have had more luck gaining recognition debunking most of their myths and presenting countering facts and evidence of a real site to the public though, and it seems that they are merely looking to promote the mystery, as their intention has been to carry on these facades of a "no-solve" status to encourage more to take part in the search, but that is merely a moot point when they know that people are looking to see some serious discoveries.

Geraldo ruined it for them early on and nobody has forgotten that show.

It was the first live treasure hunt in history and had the most viewers at one time of any show at that point.

Anyway you look at it the solve of the cipher would go on a show about the subject of cryptography unless you have a location that can be scanned and have set up the permissions to dig ahead of time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread