New AT PRO finds!

waterdog

Sep 30, 2013
OK folks. So I got my new Garrett AT Pro in yesterday. After getting it out of the box and putting it together, it was getting late in the afternoon. But I was so excited I couldn't stand it. I thought... what the heck, I'll try it right here in the front yard. After all, I've lived here in this house for only about a year, but the house has been here for 50 yes or so. Right off the bat, I start getting hits around the front yard by the porch. And low and behold....! Check out my finds. I know they're not much but they are copper. Only one of them is a post "82". But at least I got to try out my new MD and had some fun doing it. Who knows, maybe today will bring something better. But if not, its the hunt that makes it fun. I'll keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131018_084256.png
    ForumRunner_20131018_084256.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20131018_084347.png
    ForumRunner_20131018_084347.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 1
OP
OP
waterdog

waterdog

Sep 30, 2013
Thanks Perses. I was hunting in pro coins mode. I figured out quickly that the real difference between standard and pro is the audio signal. Pro seems to give you more audio info. The way I look at it, the more info the more I learn. And your right... the only things I bothered to dig was above a value of 70 or more. Every now and then I was getting some hits in the 90's with a couple of those pennies. Hopeing of course that it might be a good quarter or dime. Another thing is that it appears as if I use the coin mode instead of the zero mode, it "notches out" some trash segments like bottle caps and pull tabs. I was also at the same time, learning how to and practicing my pinpointing skills with the MD. What really helped me was the Garrett Pinpointer. It helped me locate those pennies in the hole.

Trajady

Oct 2, 2013
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good first trip @waterdog. Its funny I've had my AT Pro for over a week now, and go out alot and I've only found 3 coins, all after 83. I've found some neat relics, but I expected to find alot of coins where I MD. It'll just take time I'm sure. Good luck out there!

troutguide

Oct 3, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I have had my AT Pro for about a month now and at first I was just listening for the high 70+ very loud clear audio sounds. I expected that all coins with such a great machine would ring out very clearly. I hunted quickly swinging the machine wide until I heard a very loud clear high sound and then dug it. This method worked for a few clad coins 2-4" deep and occasionally pulled some pretty cool relics. After spending some hours hunting with the AT pro and being new to this addicting sport I found that if I slow down and heard the slightest high pitch sound intermixed with low, I would isolate that area and work it slowly from multiple angles especially in areas with lots of trash. Eventually I can lock onto the high sound and dig it. This method has resulted in pulling out deep coin after deep coin in areas that I thought I had already covered thoroughly. My guess is if you run your machine in pro coin mode and slow down and pay attention to every high beep in your headphones your yard will produce many more coins for you. I still have allot to learn but I figured I would pass on my rookie experience. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread