new & average for nickles

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new & average for nickles

hi all im new to the forum but not to crh.ive looking around for a while decided to join. i have a couple of questions 1. do you guys have an average for nickle boxes? i used to crh for a while back then stopped for a while and started back up 5 or so months ago.

since then ive done 3 boxes of nickles (i usually just do halfs) one had one war and buff and the second had one buff and the third had 2 buff. All the buffs were pretty worn. i dont think its worth me doing it since im not getting many war nickles and it takes a while to look through them. Second question is has any had there boxes change from the wh string ones to loomis ones. the wh string ones were delivered by loomis but recently no more of them and all i get know are loomis wrapped ones. also does any one pick up and dump with the same supplier different banks but with same supplier and do you still find stuff? thanks

Upvote 0

Andrew123

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: new & average for nickles

I am not that experienced, but so far I am finding at least 2-4 war nickels and 1 buffalo here and there in a nickel box. It could change day by day and a CRH dump could also be in a box (hope not)! ;D Since there are many factors, there is no real way of having an average of keepers inside a box. Maybe someone out there that looks through a lot, they might have an average, but it is going to be a big volume. That is so far my opinion. On your second question, I am also a newbie so I don't know much about that.

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I've done 8 boxes of nickels and I average about 1 war nickel per box. Sadly, I haven't found a single buffalo yet.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State

So far, my average has been 2 war nickels every 3 boxes, and one Buffalo about every 5 boxes.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've done only 5 boxes so take this for what it's worth.

I get boxes from BoA.

4 war nickels and 1 buffalo.

So my average is .8 war nickels per box and .2 buffs per box. In my opinion, not too good in terms of finding silver but it scratches the itch when I can't get fresh boxes of dimes or halves. With nickel's prep yourself for some black hands or get some gloves that still allow you to manipulate the coins.

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

so in the past week i've been doin alot of nickels.

last nights one box yeilded 2 buffalos one was a 37 D... but it had 4 legs:(
and one 1937 centavos.
and one 1943 P war nickel in XF condition.

box before had nothing.

previous to that had a box with 9 war nickels in it... they're all hit or miss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread