Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectors are set up to use only so much power and installing new batteries wouldn't make that big a difference. More than likely you just got the middle of your coil over the coins.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, when my 250 gets below 50% on the batteries, it doesn't seem to pick up as well either. I did the same thing, new batteries better hits in the same area I have already covered. I have to put new ones in after about 6 to 8 trips. My GTA350 holds 8 and will last half the year. I like the 250, good little unit but the battery life sucks. What batteries do you prefer or last the longest?

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was shipped with Energizers,but I had some Panosonic's from somewhere,in there now.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with mine until there almost totally dead ...last notch on the meter and i still hunt until it starts messing up pinpointing thats when i know its time for new ones...ive seen no dif between half charged 1/4 charged or full charged batteries

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, when my 250 gets below 50% on the batteries, it doesn't seem to pick up as well either. I did the same thing, new batteries better hits in the same area I have already covered. I have to put new ones in after about 6 to 8 trips. My GTA350 holds 8 and will last half the year. I like the 250, good little unit but the battery life sucks. What batteries do you prefer or last the longest?

I use a Garrett ACE 350, and it only holds 4 AA batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread