New BGT sluice box

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i just placed my order with Todd for a 36" Sniper sluice. Not sure how long it will take to get as i guess they are swamped with orders right now what with Spring in the air. Well at least on this side of the Country. haha You folks back east would probably love some Spring like weather. Any way, after all the good things i have heard on the Forums about them i decided to give one a try. Any tips on setting one up right. Set it up flat, slight angle, lot of angle, what? Any tips appreciated. Thanks

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.bazookagoldtrap.com/content/BazookaInstructions.pdf
Great choice of product you got there!
you want the drop and the waterflow to be right, with the 36 inch prospector you should only have to clear off flat or baseball sized rocks from the grizzly. From what I understand its' about an inch a foot, mabye a little more.
36 should have a 3- 3.5 inch drop from the front to the back. Good flow over the trap means good water underneath.
Run it for a while, take it out of the water and poke your finger down it's backside so you know what it feels like when the trap is not fluid.
Cleanout then run it again then finger the trap while it's running so you get a good idea what it feels like fluid.
You will see gold dancing down the top plate, don't worry. Trust your tool, the gold will be in the trap.
Best Luck! :D

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Part of what is nice about Todd's design is that it's pretty goof proof. The original demo videos they used to have on their web site showed the sluices running with a lot more drop than we talk about today and the sluices still worked fine. A little too much drop, or a bit of tip to one side, in a traditional sluice and you will lose most of your gold but the same in a Bazooka = no problem at all!

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been waiting for your reply Kevin. Figured you would get in on this thread. Thanks.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered my 30" sniper recently, and it will be here Monday. The west coast turn around is less that 10 days, which is amazing considering how busy those guys are!!!

Cheers

Bluefrontside

Oct 11, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Id
I threw together a wooden version of this type of a sluice after seeing a video of it. To my surprise it worked pretty good. Really amazing theory. I cannot wait to get a real one and see how much better the real thing works. Too Many toys to buy, too little time.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my 30" sniper recently, and it will be here Monday. The west coast turn around is less that 10 days, which is amazing considering how busy those guys are!!! Cheers

Yeah, I ordered a 30" Prospector last Sunday, Shipped Fri. and will be at my house Mon or Tues. Can't wait to go and shovel like a madman.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What with all the rain we been getting here i have to wait for the rivers to go down some.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i finally got a notice today that it had shipped. Supposed to be here Wed. Hope to be able to get out soon after and try it out.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rebel73153 A friendly reminder. You might be in a feverish haste to setup and get shoveling into your BGT. They float like a boat and a fast one at that. Besides wedging it in with rocks, weight it down with some just protruding over the edge to leave room to clear the grizzlies as need be. If it is really fast water put a large flat one across the top or a least a keeper rope tied to the handle. Good Luck to You and Much Gold

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rebel73153 A friendly reminder. You might be in a feverish haste to setup and get shoveling into your BGT. They float like a boat and a fast one at that. Besides wedging it in with rocks, weight it down with some just protruding over the edge to leave room to clear the grizzlies as need be. If it is really fast water put a large flat one across the top or a least a keeper rope tied to the handle. Good Luck to You and Much Gold
or run a stake down thru the handle into the ground.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video by Todd Osborne........

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help and advice folks. Kinda wondered how you can put a rock across the top and still shovel directly in to it with out the bigger rocks you shovel in jamming up on the rock across the top? Rocks or stakes on the sides seem to make better sense?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I put a big rock on top of my sniper and it held it down pretty well. I did have to push some rocks out that were stuck on the holding rock, so I would tend to agree...stake it down and tie a string to the handle so if a rogue wave comes thru, it doesn't it washed away!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread