New bird for me!

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I had my cockatiel "Lucky" for 11 years. He died Feb 1 of this year. The girl that I got him from told me she would give me another bird if I wanted one. She dropped this little guy off yesterday. It is a Senegal Parrot who was born in January. It is still being hand fed which is a pain in the butt. It is getting settled in and is a pretty vocal bird. I'm trying to get it to eat some different foods like fruit and bread. I'll be glad when it starts eating seeds from its bowl. The first pic is of Lucky. The second pic is my new bird. I just need to pick a good name for it. Thanks for looking! DD.

Attachments

• lucky.JPG
    lucky.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 209
  • birds 1st pic.JPG
    birds 1st pic.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 222

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaaawwwwwhhhhhhh!
My 81 yr old stepmother had a cockatiel names Lucky too!

That new bird is a cutie, I know what you mean by hand-feeding.
I was lucky, I took mine to work for a while, every 4 hours, yumyumyum.......

Let us know what it wants to be named, when you figure that out!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerDave,

Pretty birds, I have a female Vos Eclectus, and a Quaker (Monk) parrot....... Personally I do not feed either seeds, I have them on a high protein food.... Both of mine are young, the Eclectus is 6.5 years (Life span 50-60 years) and the Quaker is 7 years old.... I have pictures of both in my profile....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking bird DiggerDave.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
My mom had a cockatiel that lived for 24 years. We named it "wheatie", because we would give it chips and cereal, but it preferred "wheaties" over anything! i was 16 when we got her and she died when i was 40. Broke my Moms heart... mine too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread