New Cal, Dredge Moritorium

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Here are the phone numbers.......call them now!!!

05/11/2011
Action Needed Now: California considering 5-yr moratorium on dredging in current budget bill Print

We just received word that Subcommittee 2 in the California State Senate is considering adding language to a budget bill that would place a moratorium on suction dredge mining for a period of five years and stop the court-ordered Supplemental Environmental Impact Report that is already under way.

Page 39 of the agenda for tomorrow, May 12, 2011, states:

Staff Recommendation: Approve the following:
(1) Trailer bill language to continue the moratorium on issuance of suction dredge permits for an additional five years, or until such time as new regulations that fully mitigate all identified significant environmental impacts, and a proposed fee structure that will fully cover all program costs, are in place.
(2) Approve Budget Bill Language prohibiting any funding at the department from being used for suction dredge mining regulation, permitting or other activities.
The recommendation is based on the faulty premise that the suction dredge permits only cost $25 and the program creates a net-loss for the California Department of Fish & Game.

When SB 670 was passed the bill clearly stated that passage of that bill would negatively impact DFG and that enforcement activities were covered by permit fees. Here is the exact wording from the bill:

FISCAL EFFECT of SB670: According to the Assembly Appropriations Committee, loss of approximately $175,000 in annual revenue each year the moratorium is in effect, resulting from loss of suction dredge permit fees (Fish and Game Preservation Fund). Currently, fee revenue pays for suction dredge permit enforcement at the cost of approximately $50,000 per year, activity which will presumably continue during the moratorium.

Here is what you need to do tonight:

Only three Senators -- all part of Subcommittee 2 -- will decide whether or not to add the above language to the budget bill at this time. Call each one of them tonight. There is no time to send a letter -- you must call. If their mailboxes are full, then you must call them in the morning to make an impact.

Phone numbers:

Sen. Lowenthal (916) 651-4027 and (562) 495-4766 and (562) 529-6659

Sen. Simitian (chair) (916) 651-4011 and (408) 277-9460 and (831) 425-0401

Sen. Fuller (916) 651-4018

Here is the info they need to hear from you:

1. The Background info supplied to the Committee is inaccurate. DFG does not lose money as a result of the suction dredging program.

2. The stated fee structure in inaccurate. The cost for permits are $47.50 in-state, and $167.25 out of state ( a far cry from the $25 stated in this Background proposal)

3. PLEASE VOTE NO for the moratorium on suction dredging

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Scott Harn

Editor/Publisher

ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

Supporting Documents:
May 12, 2011 Agenda for Subcommittee 2, California Senate
Fiscal Impact of SB670

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for putting that up Hefty 1.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Just called them all and got to leave my message.
Mail boxes are not full.
Call them all night long.

Hefty

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i called them this morning, got to leave a message
left them my number as well, hope they call me

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>:( R U SURPRISED-exact same budget bill bs they pulled to kill dredge specials :help: do ya'all still luv your ferret face lying m'f'r' now?? :icon_pirat: John

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you can't call and leave a message fax em

Senator Joe Simitian
Palo Alto District Office
160 Town & Country Village
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Phone: (650) 688-6384
or (408) 277-9460
Fax: (650) 688-6370 Santa Cruz District Office
701 Ocean Street, Room 318A
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831) 425-0401
Fax: (831) 425-5124 Capitol Office
State Capitol, Room 2080
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4011
Fax: (916) 323-4529

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both Fueller and Lowenthal refuse email unless your in their district so screw all but their voters sic sic sic. Any how to email www.senatorsimitian.com/entry/entry/contact_information/
voice your opposition politely--NO--1994 REGS PROVEN SCIENCE AND COLOR OF LAW--COST 1/2 AS MUCH AND TOOK 1/2 THE TIME AS INCOMPETANCE-STOPHER-IS A LYING WITH FALSE FIGURES- 14,000 JOBS AND $23 MILLION IN INCOME RIDING ON THIS-BAN THE BAN. to get a email to the guv=
www.gov.guv/ fill in form and email form appears-go for it. WE NEED A RIOT IN SACRAMENTO AND I'M DAMN WELL READY--John

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.....and we better stop it before it reaches ol' moonbeam as you know he is all for it.

Better get used to always looking over your shoulder, that is the way our future as dredgers is headed it seems.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
won't need to look over your shoulder, cuz there ani't gonna be any more dredging.
Unless we can tell/convince those mfr that there is lots of money to be had, i don't think will ever get to put a dredge on a major river again

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2cmorau said:
cuz there ani't gonna be any more dredging.

Exactly why you'll, at least I will, be looking over your shoulder. Double sided meaning to that there. :icon_pirat:

And if we do get back in the water legally they will keep coming so we have to "be looking over are shoulder" again.

Either way we better get used to looking over our shoulders as I say F'M'. That is what I meant. :help:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shet, it passed 2 to 1.

Not sure where it goes from here, was told the Senate.
I do know Gov. Brown has to sign Buget by June 15th and this trailer is cowardly hidden within.

Contact your Reps ASAP and hope they aren't Dems. :help:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? QUIT DREDGING ?? :icon_pirat: since no permits issued I don't need no stinkn' permit-ez and NEVER LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER :headbang: we were in the river for 2 1/2 months after the ban trying to get tickets on the trinity in plain sight. Called'm and told where we were at too and GONNA DO IT AGAIN AS SACRAFICE DREDGE STILL ASSEMBLED-John :icon_pirat:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser John said:
QUIT DREDGING

I didn't say that, Hoser.

Never Quit!!!! Hey, Know I don't need a permit and I can make me up my own set of regulations. :thumbsup:

CDFG cutting 86 Million off their budget so lets see what they bring, or "IF" that's a big one at that. :icon_pirat:

Well have to wait till next season to try my hand at all that as I'm off to Alaska very soon before the 49er/Karuk BS spreads up there.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
who wants to get together and start lobbying the senate.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I think i am going to drop a six inch dredge on the capital steps with sign...
cant use it , you can have!!!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent this to stopher and the Sac Bee.

Why dont you put this in the News???

Mr Stopher
Would you please send the correct information to our legislators, so they know what they are doing
is wrong.
Please let me know of your actions on this.

Thanks in advance.

Miner's News

05/11/2011
Action Needed Now: California considering 5-yr moratorium on dredging in current budget bill Print

We just received word that Subcommittee 2 in the California State Senate is considering adding language to a budget bill that would place a moratorium on suction dredge mining for a period of five years and stop the court-ordered Supplemental Environmental Impact Report that is already under way.

Page 39 of the agenda for tomorrow, May 12, 2011, states:

Staff Recommendation: Approve the following:
(1) Trailer bill language to continue the moratorium on issuance of suction dredge permits for an additional five years, or until such time as new regulations that fully mitigate all identified significant environmental impacts, and a proposed fee structure that will fully cover all program costs, are in place.
(2) Approve Budget Bill Language prohibiting any funding at the department from being used for suction dredge mining regulation, permitting or other activities.
The recommendation is based on the faulty premise that the suction dredge permits only cost $25 and the program creates a net-loss for the California Department of Fish & Game.

When SB 670 was passed the bill clearly stated that passage of that bill would negatively impact DFG and that enforcement activities were covered by permit fees. Here is the exact wording from the bill:

FISCAL EFFECT of SB670: According to the Assembly Appropriations Committee, loss of approximately $175,000 in annual revenue each year the moratorium is in effect, resulting from loss of suction dredge permit fees (Fish and Game Preservation Fund). Currently, fee revenue pays for suction dredge permit enforcement at the cost of approximately $50,000 per year, activity which will presumably continue during the moratorium.

Here is what you need to do tonight:

Only three Senators -- all part of Subcommittee 2 -- will decide whether or not to add the above language to the budget bill at this time. Call each one of them tonight. There is no time to send a letter -- you must call. If their mailboxes are full, then you must call them in the morning to make an impact.

Phone numbers:

Sen. Lowenthal (916) 651-4027 and (562) 495-4766 and (562) 529-6659

Sen. Simitian (chair) (916) 651-4011 and (408) 277-9460 and (831) 425-0401

Sen. Fuller (916) 651-4018

Here is the info they need to hear from you:

1. The Background info supplied to the Committee is inaccurate. DFG does not lose money as a result of the suction dredging program.

2. The stated fee structure in inaccurate. The cost for permits are $47.50 in-state, and $167.25 out of state ( a far cry from the $25 stated in this Background proposal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread