New California Sluice Stream Highbanker gets some gold

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally upgraded my prospecting equipment a little. Found a barely used California Sluice Stream Highbanker and with advice from OKbasspro I bought a 2.5hp - 2" pump from Flea bay that does just what he said it'd do, Hoses, fitings from Tractor Supply. Got just over $5 bills everything and I'm happy...... for now. Already thinking about how I can make this into a dredge/highbanker. Took it out today and......well it kicked my butt. I ran material for about 5 hours straight and almost doubled the size of the hole I've been working on since first of April in one day. For some reason I thought it would be easier than shoveling, classifying and sluiceing. I ran over a cubic yd. of material today and thats all I could do for the day. The Highbanker just eats material, theres no down time, like sitting on a stool feeding a sluice. You just shovel.....shovel..... and shovel some more. The pump is super quiet and works great, couldn't hardly run it more than idle speed. Just gotta learn to pace myself....but thats hard when you know theres gold in them gravels.
HB July 1- 12.JPG

HB 2 July 1 - 12.JPG

IN Gold Hole.JPG

Gravel Bar full of Gold.JPG

IN Gold July 1-12.JPG

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, that looks like a gram for 5 hours work. So ten hours will get you 2 grams (about 80 dollars) times 180 days in the season. Simple math - you've
hit the motherlode! Seriously, I didn't know there was that kind of gold in IN. good luck - Fullpan

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go Hunter nice shine.Glad the pump worked for you I love mine you can get seal kits from the guy for 25 bucks if you ever need them.Remember Gold is where you find it they say none in Oklahoma but I have almost 1/2 oz that says otherwise.
Happy Hunting
Okbasspro

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang good buddy!!!I would be happy with that anywhere!

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fullpan, I wish it was a gram. The gold is in a 10" finish pan w a 3" bottom. Sorry I shoulda put something in the pic to relate to size. It's weight is .20 g. and I'm happy with that. I know theres a streak or two somehwere in that bar. I just have to do some serious sampling and findem. The water is very low for the area and the perfect time to dig and still have enough water to work. The overburden in some spots is alot. Where I'm digging now it's 2' to 2-1/2' down to a decomposing shale. There's gold all through it so I guess it makes it worth while running everthing. I'm sure there's a pay streak somewhere. I actually started behind the boulder in the pic and it's at the down stream side of an inside bend. Think I need to try sampling up stream in the bar behind the pump set up pic. Should the better gold drop out or concentrate sooner? (.2g x 51.98 = $10.40) A great day on the creek, sunny 98* air temp, no one else around but the horse flies and water snakes. "Priceless" (Only $ 489.60 to pay off new equipment...... LOL.... Gotta love this Hobby!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter,
Great looking pictures, thank you for the share as it looks like I will not be getting out till the end of the year and your pictures provided a wonderful pick-me-up........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread