Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the battery eater back and got one that seems to be okay. I think my deal now is I need a tripod. With that said:

I found my first wheat and first merc (a '43) on a group hunt 3 weeks ago in a small town outside Charlotte, N.C. where they had torn down some turn of the century mill houses. I also found the spoon handle on that hunt. I'm a member of Metal Detectors Association of the Carolinas and this was a spur of the moment hunt. I was really psyched about the finds! I was running coin on my Ace 250, everybody else was running wide open and mostly finding bottle caps and pulltabs.

I found my second and third wheat at a field where an old house used to stand that's been torn down to build a strip mall. I only hunted for about 15 minutes. I need to get back to that site before they start making a mess.

I found my second merc (a '44) and my first silver rosey (a '50) at a "hunted out" park in Charlotte, N.C. this past weekend, also with the Ace 250, also set on coin I was right in next to the roots on and old oak tree. Found both of them about 2 inches deep, 3 feet and 2 minutes apart. I also found wheat number 4 and 5 there near the old trees.

I found the sterling silver baseball charm behind my house at the school yard, it was beeping dime at 4 inches.

I found my number 6 wheaty at an old neighborhood park in right at the base of a very old tree. I saw pock marks that looked like someone had been mding around it and missed it.

Here's the somewhat blurry pics:

Attachments

• 2006 pictures008.JPG
    2006 pictures008.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Mercury and other nice finds! Did you push the macro button on the camera? The button with the little tulip on it for close up shots. HH, Mike

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, don't you just love that ACE 250, I usually run mine
in jewelry mode. But in real trashy area's I do use Coin.

I agree, you should use the ;macro mode. You can shoot close ups
in that mode and your pictures will be much improved. It is like Bavaria
Mike said it looks like a tulip. Also I don't usually use any flash.

Keep trying on those pics and we can't wait to see what else you
dig up with your ACE 250.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Congrats on your finds. I've used My friends Ace 250 a bit, seems a good detector for the price. Love hearing the Belltone on those Garretts. I find myself listening to the tones more than looking at the display, thats what comes with age and bad eyes!!- LOL ;D
HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Pirate, what is the make and model of the camera you are using. I might be able to give you some tips on setting it up.

By the Way - Congratulations on those finds! ;D You are off to a good start.

Mirage

OP
OP
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a $59.00 Digital Concepts big hunk of junk from Wal Mart. It is the higher end (4.1 MP) of the PTJ (pure t junk) cameras and I hate it. I'm getting something better hopefully in the next couple of weeks (maybe sooner and I'm taking coins with me to the store and shooting low end to higher to see what will work best around my $150.00 price target). It hasn't shot a good picture for me yet, indoors, outdoors, far away, up close. It is way worse than one of those $15.00 pocket pen cameras that came out several years ago. I spit on it, pitooey! I could make better pictures with a orange crayon and single ply sheet of toilet paper, holding the crayon between my thumbs with my eyes closed. My first one ate batteries, so I took it back and got another one exactly like it, just thinking maybe the first one had issues. I'm going to give it away to my cousin and set it up for her to use as a webcam. Hopefully it will work for that in a fashion. If you got any suggestions, up to and including setting fire to it, let me know. It does not have the "tulip" button, I looked, a lot. Hey, Little Ramapirate just came busting through and knocked it in the floor, problem might be solved! Batteries flew out and the door is all wacked out now. ;)
HH,
Ramapirate

R

rvbvetter

Whoowee! I must have grabbed the wrong glasses this morning !
I really can't talk. I don't even have a digital camera.
I've heard some mention about putting a magnifying glass in front of their lense. I've seen some nice pics from people that have done it that way..
Very nice finds!!! WTG!!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread