New camera

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I bought a new camera to take hunting with me. I see so many neat things and get visited by the manatees quite often so I thought I'd like to be prepared! Off I went hunting this morning and I was very excited. That didn't last long. I wasn't expecting to find a lot but sheesh... I didn't get one hit all morning. NOT ONE! Not even a bobby pin, bread tie or a pull tab! To top that all off my friends the manatee didn't show up either. Okay I will be honest here. I really didn't stay out very long. A little less than two hours. Anyway, here I was with a new water camera and nothing to take a picture of. Well it is new to me and I don't know what I'm doing with it yet so I took a few of nothing in paticular. You can tell I am certainly a novice at this!

P9080001.jpg

P9080002.jpg

P9080003.jpg

I am going to practice and when I do find something interesting to take a picture of.... I'll be ready! ::)

This is an Olympus 10 megapixel waterproof camera. It's supposed to be good for up to 10 feet. I will never be any deeper than that so I am hoping this one will be good enough for me.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Munszie I have an Olympus Stylus 850 SW that I sometime take and so long as we are having fun I am happy.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Camara, Always enjoy seeing pictures of different places, people, and things.........

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some nice shots Mumsie.

Sorry you got skunked. Maybe you've just flat cleaned that area out.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Some advice. If used in salt water, don't forget to give it a fresh water bath when you get home. We had one that the salt water eventually dries and keeps orifices open that eventually harm the camera.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
werleibr said:
Some advice. If used in salt water, don't forget to give it a fresh water bath when you get home. We had one that the salt water eventually dries and keeps orifices open that eventually harm the camera.

I'm always open to advice and that sounds like some good advice. Thanks.

Coil to Soil

Mar 30, 2010
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Love the pics Mumszie. I too am in the market for a new camera to take out with me when I hunt. HH and let us know please how you like your new camera. Can't wait to see more pics.

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep your reciept and fill out your warranty card........some models of Olympus have a very bad track record.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see some manatee shots or some rings! :laughing7:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use and Olympus 1030 SW. Youll never need another Camera! Amazing pics, waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof and dust proof! It even has a underwater and underwater macros option!

CB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread