New Cellar Hole- Preliminary Finds- Whizzer?

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out last Saturday (between rain storms) to a new early 1800's cellar hole that I just got permission to hunt. There's a cellar hole and another building foundation plus a well. Started clearing out the surface iron, of which there is a lot of. No coins yet but found these two items: a small hand drill and what I think is one of those child toys called a whizzer?? Any help on this would be appreciated. It appears to be copper and is 2 1/4" in diameter. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1191.JPG

Upvote 0
Didn't know if the 2 were found close together or not. I had a vision of an old toy top we had as kids. The plunger had a handle with a drill type threading to it. Didn't have a T handle, however. Just a thought..
I'm sure there are lots of goodies yet to be found!

Maburger, thanks for the reply. I think I know what you are referring to, but I think these are two separate items, and they weren't found that close to each other. The drill bit here is too big to fit in any of the holes on the disc. Because of the 2 holes in the center I thought it was one of those toys that had a string threaded through it and could be made to spin on the string (??) I could be way off base here though. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back