New Civil War Spot Revisited

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back to my new Spot today and found a nice pile of dropped bullets, including a couple Enfield and two Williams bore cleaner bullets. I also dug part of a horses bit. The Enfield’s are a bit odd, both have conical bases, with one having a hole in the base, and the other is longer than others I’ve seen. I put a standard 58 caliber mini ball next to them for comparison. Anybody else seen this variation?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546828843.146678.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546828864.122183.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546828881.259025.jpg

Upvote 12
OP
OP
Fullstock

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Any idea on the Enfield bullets?

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There are a lot of variations of Enfield-Pritchett bullets, and a lot have conical bases. Civil War Projectiles II Small Arms & Field Artillery by W. Reid McKee & M.E. Mason, JR. is a great bullet book that lists most bullets by lgth., wgt., cavity type, cal.. etc. They list a bunch of Enfield variations and I'm sure you could match yours up.
If you would like me to snap a photo of the Enfield pages just PM an email address to me and I'll send them to you.
Congrats on the bullets.

OP
OP
Fullstock

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of variations of Enfield-Pritchett bullets, and a lot have conical bases. Civil War Projectiles II Small Arms & Field Artillery by W. Reid McKee & M.E. Mason, JR. is a great bullet book that lists most bullets by lgth., wgt., cavity type, cal.. etc. They list a bunch of Enfield variations and I'm sure you could match yours up.
If you would like me to snap a photo of the Enfield pages just PM an email address to me and I'll send them to you.
Congrats on the bullets.

Thank you JBnNC, I’d appreciate that!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread