fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Afternoon folks,

Happy Memorial Day, thank you all who have served , serving, and prayers for our soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice.

My new 5x8 coil arrived this weekend, along with my poor mans scoop, aka adjustable cane and standard hand sand scoop.

The 5x8 really proved its worth today, I scored a nice 44 wheat at a park I and others have pounded. Also pulled another dime out of my yard which shocks the hell out of me since I have covered it over more times than I care to count. I'm pumped to get this thing on some good ground.

My poor man scoop did what I needed it to today which was get me on the beach and in the water to see if it was something I wanted to expand my detecting search areas too. The lake/beach I was hunting didn't have great sand, more or less sandy loom soil but the scoop did ok on the dry stuff. However, the wet sand was soft for about an inch and below that was hard packed clay so I wasn't too successful in the water today. I did take this time to dig all pull tab tones in an effort to expand my finds other than coins and high tones, looking for that gold you know.

Overall, I got to test out my new 5x8 coil for the ATP and my poor mans scoop so it was a good day and a gorgeous sunrise before the lake got busy.

Please comment!

Fuzzy.

a0e3b9a4f91f2ab667351d4e3c80bae6.jpg

Beamed from my AT Pro [emoji769]

Beamed from my AT Pro [emoji769]

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now how is granny supposed to get around???:tongue3:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, you go with what works. Nice job on the scoop. :icon_thumleft: That is one thing about metal detecting, I have seen people on here come up with some creative homemade tools of the trade.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my yellow plastic sand scoop from, I believe, Kellyco and used tie straps to hold a wooden broomstick for the beach. No metal so I would scoop and check with my detector for the target. The reason being is that it didn't Strain this old mans back so much. If the target was in the scoop I could lift up the handle and not have to bend over. Call me Lazy------I call me resourceful.:laughing7:
Marvin
kinda like this but yellow.
Kellyco Green Scoop- Kellyco

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the scoop.
I love any type of "poor man's" tools. The money you save can be spent on more important stuff for your treasure hunts.

I made a scoop from a thick plastic gallon jug one day at a lake beach. I just drilled a bunch of holes in it and cut part of the top off. It worked flawlessly and didn't cost me a cent.
I found it in the trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions