DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
steelheadwill said:
jamesbibb said:
terpfan said:
Great looking Classic head, they don't pop out very often. Are you going to clean it? The surface looks pretty fragile.

i dont clean them anymore I brush it off dry while the dirt is damp right out the hole with a toothbrush, then I put it in my pocket after it dries for a few hours and the pocket dust highlights the detail. Very technical process :laughing7: The always turn to crap after scrubbing them underwater.
Supernice Early Cent ! Congrats :hello2:
I am convinced about your cleaning method, Will be carrying my toothbrush on all future digs, That coin looks Great just the way it is :notworthy:

It aqlso helps to maintain the nice patina on relics to brush them you of the hole. Like buttons and stuff if they dont have any gold on them then I just dry brush them and leave them

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
jamesbibb said:
steelheadwill said:
jamesbibb said:
terpfan said:
Great looking Classic head, they don't pop out very often. Are you going to clean it? The surface looks pretty fragile.

i dont clean them anymore I brush it off dry while the dirt is damp right out the hole with a toothbrush, then I put it in my pocket after it dries for a few hours and the pocket dust highlights the detail. Very technical process :laughing7: The always turn to crap after scrubbing them underwater.
Supernice Early Cent ! Congrats :hello2:
I am convinced about your cleaning method, Will be carrying my toothbrush on all future digs, That coin looks Great just the way it is :notworthy:

It aqlso helps to maintain the nice patina on relics to brush them you of the hole. Like buttons and stuff if they dont have any gold on them then I just dry brush them and leave them

man I buthchered that statement LOL :laughing7:

M

MiniMe

Looks like the new coil is working :). You are Smokin' !! Saw the picts of the Script I's you sent Joe (civilman1) on his phone Monday, and now this...you are definitely on a roll. Congratulations!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MiniMe said:
Looks like the new coil is working :). You are Smokin' !! Saw the picts of the Script I's you sent Joe (civilman1) on his phone Monday, and now this...you are definitely on a roll. Congratulations!! :icon_thumleft:

LOl Thanks Bro! :tongue3:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cooper ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread