New COILTEK coil for Minelab CTX-3030.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Official from Coiltek........ the kind of direct info that gets you bullied/banned by self-serving people from forums without integrity and moral values!!!......
P4307844a.jpg
coiltekctx_a.jpg
.......With a clean nose.....Life is good.....Sincerely hope this is not regarded as advertising and thereby breaking the rules.......if so, admin kindly remove this post.......no hard feelings.............. ivanll

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt this will be the perfect mid-size coil that the CTX needs! :hello2:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I've heard for several months they were coming out soon.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my E-trac version of that coil. Great for iron infested sites and pin pointing is a snap.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're kinda proud of that puppy, aren't they?

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i just went to the link, and it lists the price as $232.50, then next to the coil you select for the 3030 it says + $136.50,
why is that? When I saw the $232.50 price I thought ALL RIGHT!! until I read a little farther down.....tac on another $136.50 and my gut sunk again. Is that for shipping from Australia? Sheesh if it is I'll have to wait until one can float itself to me... :-(

Here are some specifics:

Waterproof - to 10 feet
Weight - 530g / 18.7 oz.
Price - $369.00

I have them set up for preorders on the website: Coiltek 10" x 5" Elliptical Treasureseeker coil

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McClod,

I'm contractually obigated to advertise these at Coiltek's Minimum price... they set it, not me. Because of the way our website is set up, similar products are listed on the same page, with each differing type selectable. $232.50 is for the Etrac version... Colitek says I must advertise the CTX version at $369.00. It will be the same price any where else you see it online, if its sold by an authorized dealer. If orderd from us, shipping is included in the USA.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand about the pricing being determined by the manufacturer as you stated, and I saw it listed the same way on another site as well, it just struck me as odd that instead of just stating the price as $369, they way they did it was list it as the lower price of the Etrac version then add the + dollar amount to bring the total up to that $369 amount is all. Thanks for the explanation of it, and I definitely plan on getting one of these coils rather than the 6" produced by Minelab as having used the 8x6 coil on my former AT Pro I loved that coil and the size of it, this coil looks like it will be great for getting in and out of tight areas even better than the 6 inch coil being its only 5 inches wide. I can't wait to read some reviews on it's depth and capabilities once it is out, I plan on getting it if it is every bit as deep and hopefully deeper than the 6 inch coil.

I hope you understand I was not calling your add into question or anything of that nature, and as I mentioned it appeared the same exact way on another site I saw it on, I just thought what an odd way to list something by showing a price of $232, and then adding on more to bring it up to the $369 is all and I'm sure that's not your doing so hopefully my post wasn't offensive as none was intended, I just had to mention it as I saw it is all. Kind of like seeing a corvett listed for $2000, on a dealers sheet then looking down and seeing the plus $38,000 hahahah. If you get my point.

Don

McClod,

I'm contractually obigated to advertise these at Coiltek's Minimum price... they set it, not me. Because of the way our website is set up, similar products are listed on the same page, with each differing type selectable. $232.50 is for the Etrac version... Colitek says I must advertise the CTX version at $369.00. It will be the same price any where else you see it online, if its sold by an authorized dealer. If orderd from us, shipping is included in the USA.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad it took them so long to come out. I allready baught the extra 6 inch and 17 inch coils from Minelab. I had the 15 inch WOT for the E-trac and had good results with it.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Accepted an invitation to attend a special "Go Minelabbing" day down the road 18May2014............. We are likely to be treated to the latest and meet-up with familiar Friendly faces...... ivanll

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem, McClod - since you asked, I just wanted to explain what's up with the pricing. Its certianly not a bait-and-switch attempt on our part.... I'm told that the way search engines work sometimes two different "Coiltek 10x5" coils could show up to a search engine as duplicate items, which doesn't help when it comes to search rankings???? So, similar items are on the same page.

Anyhow, all is well. :)

I'm with you that this could end up being a better coil for many people than the Minelab 6" coil... I can't wait to try one out. :)
I understand about the pricing being determined by the manufacturer as you stated, and I saw it listed the same way on another site as well, it just struck me as odd that instead of just stating the price as $369, they way they did it was list it as the lower price of the Etrac version then add the + dollar amount to bring the total up to that $369 amount is all. Thanks for the explanation of it, and I definitely plan on getting one of these coils rather than the 6" produced by Minelab as having used the 8x6 coil on my former AT Pro I loved that coil and the size of it, this coil looks like it will be great for getting in and out of tight areas even better than the 6 inch coil being its only 5 inches wide. I can't wait to read some reviews on it's depth and capabilities once it is out, I plan on getting it if it is every bit as deep and hopefully deeper than the 6 inch coil.

I hope you understand I was not calling your add into question or anything of that nature, and as I mentioned it appeared the same exact way on another site I saw it on, I just thought what an odd way to list something by showing a price of $232, and then adding on more to bring it up to the $369 is all and I'm sure that's not your doing so hopefully my post wasn't offensive as none was intended, I just had to mention it as I saw it is all. Kind of like seeing a corvett listed for $2000, on a dealers sheet then looking down and seeing the plus $38,000 hahahah. If you get my point.

Don

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6" is still very awesome Keith for rocky areas on land or water it's hard to beat! It feels like you are swinging a hockey puck!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm with you Fletch - the 6" is great too! It's good to have a choice, and many will own both. 8-)

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info, and in no way did I mean or intend my post about the price to imply in any way any kind of "bait and switch" tactic on the part of you or anyone else, no offense intended! I was simply confused by the price difference on the photo/ad. I can't wait to get one of these, I've been searching for reviews but have had no luck yet. If anyone has a link I would appreciate it. Thanks! I hope it's as great as expected! I'd love to have both, but unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit for one.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just recently sold my CTX 6" coil and I am chomping at the bit for the new one and I am having separation anxiety because that smaller coil is that good.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McClod,

No offense taken. Just why I have it listed that way on my site.

There are a few of these coils out in the hands of testers only, none have yet been released to dealers. Everything I have at this moment points to a Sept 1 release date, after which it will take a few days to get them to the distributors, then a few more to the dealers. We are getting really close, I just can't yet point to the exact day we will have them in hand. What I can say is that the day they show up one is going on my CTX for a tryout! I'm expecting this to be an awesome coil for the CTX.

Just last night I found a video made by one of the testers.

While looking up the link I see a second video... Haven't watched this one yet.

Hope that helps!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first shipment of these coils is to be here in the morning- if UPS does their job. A few are not presold, so call me if you want to get one on the way to you. :)

Edit- the normally reliable UPS delivery isn't so reliable this time. :BangHead:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread