New coin for me

potsy

Jan 23, 2007
Youngstown Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well ,, i was where they were tearing some houses out. 4 other detectorists there. Found my first barber dime. 1914 d. beautiful shape. 8" down. Pretty happy. It's silver and gray in color and I need to clean it. Can't wait for tomorrow. So far i found 4 silver quarters, a bunch of wheaties 1 merc 1928-1 1951 dime, and a bunch of trash. Not so bad, including a crap load of clad. 2 junk rings. All in the same area. The dime being my oldest at this spot to date.

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats potsy, sounds like a great opportunity and place to hunt! Looking forward to any pics you might have. You might think twice about cleaning the silver coins...soap and water at most...if you clean them they will diminish in value.

HH!
TBGO

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't this fun? Fossis................................

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
potsy, you killed it with your finds but left us in the dark without pics. Help a frozen ground brother out and show us some photos, if ya can.

Congrats none the less!!!!

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
It's always great to find places where they're uncovering ground that hasn't been exposed for years and years. You know you're going to find something good then!!!

Nice!

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
I agree PICS please... I am at the firehouse... living through you all tonight... always love the pictures.. also agree on cleaning the coins... just protect them.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Jan 23, 2007
Youngstown Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This camera blows mean goat by the way. The other coins are what i have found in the last week and a half.

Attachments

• 100_0095.jpg
    100_0095.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 675

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty Potsy. Love it.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds. Congratulations on your first Barber dime. ;D That's a good take from that spot - especially if you have competition.

Some of those coins definately need some silver polish. I wouldn't hesitate. On a $1-2 merc/rosie you really are not going to bring the value down by much. There are some silver polishes that you can clean the coin and still maintain some of the original look.

Bob

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats! That looks good.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Wow, great coins!

BTW, that camera seems to do the job okay. At least I didn't see any goat in the pics...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread