Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone.
I just discovered coin roll hunting a couple weeks ago.
Don't know how I missed it. I have been metal detecting off and on for many years so you
would of thought I would have known about it.
Anyway, I have been searching half dollars and have a small stack (8 - 40%ers) started and today I scored my first 2 90s. Both in nice shape!
Also found a mint mark error on a 1982 that I'm hoping will be worth a couple bucks.
It got me excited enough to finally post on the site.
I have learned a lot reading everyone's post so I want to say thanks.
Bryan V

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the CRH forum!

Are your finds from boxes, or customer wraps(CWR's)?

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the CRH forum!

Are your finds from boxes, or customer wraps(CWR's)?

Both. I found 2 my first time from some machine rolled so I ordered 4 boxes from 2 different banks but only found 1
40% in $2000.00 worth of coins. I started picking up random costumer raps and loose till coins and the find percentage seems to be much better.
It's less stressful too. I don't plan on hitting it real heavy. Probably a couple hundred a week of half dollars and
I'm starting pennies to.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bryan, and welcome. Those 64's are pretty.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only advice is this.. :icon_scratch: Some people take this way to seriously, people can get very sensitive to certain topics. Don't stress it if they do, who made them commander of CRH ?? :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started picking up random costumer raps and loose till coins and the find percentage seems to be much better.
It's less stressful too. I don't plan on hitting it real heavy. Probably a couple hundred a week of half dollars and
I'm starting pennies to.
Hey Bryan, welcome to the madness! believe me, you will not just do a couple hundred a week... that's how everybody starts out and things escalate from there... I hope to read more great finds from you in the future, are you in an area wth banks that have coin counting machines (that don't charge a fee to use)?

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the club, Bryan!
Hope you continue to enjoy your time hear, look forward to hearing more from you in your future hunts!
Wicka

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to CRH! That's some purdy '64's, good job.
HH!
BRChiver

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bryan, welcome to the madness! believe me, you will not just do a couple hundred a week... that's how everybody starts out and things escalate from there... I hope to read more great finds from you in the future, are you in an area wth banks that have coin counting machines (that don't charge a fee to use)?

Yes my credit union has a machine but I can only put in $200 a day with no fees.
trouble is that I live up in the sticks and only get to town a couple times a week.
If I could find a place to dump a grand or two a week I would be all over it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes my credit union has a machine but I can only put in $200 a day with no fees.
trouble is that I live up in the sticks and only get to town a couple times a week.
If I could find a place to dump a grand or two a week I would be all over it.

I would advise you to do nickels or pennies if you're limited to $200 a day at the credit union. Or see if you can do a $1000 dump once a week (5 days X $200 a day), instead of making trips there several times a week. :)

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would advise you to do nickels or pennies if you're limited to $200 a day at the credit union. Or see if you can do a $1000 dump once a week (5 days X $200 a day), instead of making trips there several times a week. :)

Ya good idea. Ill have to talk with a manager to see what my options are.
I thought about checking in to some type of business account or offering to keep a certain amount of money in a savings account to gain some kind of a deal for dumping.
What do businesses do that deal in large amounts of coins? There must be a way.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya good idea. Ill have to talk with a manager to see what my options are.
I thought about checking in to some type of business account or offering to keep a certain amount of money in a savings account to gain some kind of a deal for dumping.
What do businesses do that deal in large amounts of coins? There must be a way.

I've worked out deals with banks for ordering (boxes of half's), but it should also work for dumping.
These banks said absolutely not, we will not order any boxes. Then I said, how much money would I have to park in my account to get you to order, and they all caved, and for less money then I thought it would take. Two banks said deposit 1K and we will order you 1K every week, one other made the same deal with either 1K or 2K, my choose. I do believe this would work for dumping too (though I have never had to try it) as banks love to have your money in them.
Good luck!

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've worked out deals with banks for ordering (boxes of half's), but it should also work for dumping.
These banks said absolutely not, we will not order any boxes. Then I said, how much money would I have to park in my account to get you to order, and they all caved, and for less money then I thought it would take. Two banks said deposit 1K and we will order you 1K every week, one other made the same deal with either 1K or 2K, my choose. I do believe this would work for dumping too (though I have never had to try it) as banks love to have your money in them.
Good luck!

My credit union has no problem with me ordering them. I ordered 4 boxes between two branches. I am just overwhelmed with coins I need to dump now.
I also was not impressed with the boxes. 1 40% er in 4 boxes. All my other silver came from just picking up 3 to 10
rolls at a time. One time I spotted a silver out of 5 coins in a till. Much higher percentage of silver finds.
Maybe 4 brinks boxes isn't enough of a test.
Do most of you guyes pretty much stick with full box orders on a regular basis?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My credit union has no problem with me ordering them. I ordered 4 boxes between two branches. I am just overwhelmed with coins I need to dump now.
I also was not impressed with the boxes. 1 40% er in 4 boxes. All my other silver came from just picking up 3 to 10
rolls at a time. One time I spotted a silver out of 5 coins in a till. Much higher percentage of silver finds.
Maybe 4 brinks boxes isn't enough of a test.
Do most of you guyes pretty much stick with full box orders on a regular basis?

Depends on your area but 1 in 4 box is looking good in my books- actually id say 1 per box is probably the norm on here- but ya if you can find the loose cwr or teller trays those odds are usually a lot better- and a lot less work finding the ag

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bryan, welcome. I just started a few months ago so I don't have the experience that some do on here. I'm lucky if I do a few hundred a week. I would like to do more but can't at the moment. I find a lot of coins in the teller trays and CWRs. That might be hard for you because you only have 2 banks to go to. You should tell the banks what you are looking for and maybe if they see some old looking rolls or writing on the rolls they will put them aside for you....that is if not one else has asked. Good luck.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! The mint mark error is just from a chip I believe. Not really worth more than face.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard! The mint mark error is just from a chip I believe. Not really worth more than face.
HH
enamel7

ya I figured It probably wasn't worth much but I was hoping for maybe a couple bucks.
I put it on ebay just for fun and I have a .99 cent bid on it so far with 5 days to go.
If I can clear $3 it would be like finding a 40%er.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread