New coinshooting program snags a 41 Merc.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear great things about the Vance headphones. A friend of mine has them and he really likes them. When I got my Deus last Oct, I had a hard time dropping another $150 on new headphones too. So I got the $20 WS4 adapter plate and made a housing for it.

I did a post on how I made it here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/481002-my-deus-ws4-universal-puck-adapter.html

I then cut the cord on some Whites headphones I had and put a 1/8" adapter on it. I can also use my Grey Ghost headphones with a 1/8-1/4 adapter... but I prefer the Whites. I have 100's of hours on them and I love the setup. When Its time for some new headphones, maybe I'll spring for the Vance... but I really like being able to velcro the puck on the side of any set of headphones I want.

I emailed XP and told them they should make something like the adapter housing I made. They actually emailed back. Hopefully they do make it... I thought about getting the wrist band holder and cutting the straps off and putting velcro on the back of it, but it looked much more bulky. We really just need a refined case that the ws4 adapter plate will sit in.

View attachment 1314112 View attachment 1314113

This was just my solution so I didnt have to spend more money last fall. Didn't mean to steer your post off laidback4sho, I just saw people discussing their headphone options.

Brad
Wow, that's really cool! Gotta love the versatility of the WS4 wireless headphones with the removable hockey puck, lol.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread