New Colonial Sites Lead to my First GOLD coin!!!!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with The Patriot today to try some new spots in an area with some age and potential. Lots of pottery and broken glass showing up but for the most part finds were bits and bobs and scrap brass and lead. Then out popped this, an 1800 1/3 Guinea gold coin! I was honestly in shock, I NEVER expected I'd find a gold coin, and a 213 year old one at that. I don't think Patriot could believe it either! It was my only coin for the day, and after we tried three new sites that should have had lots more goodies we tried an old beat site and I came up with some musketballs and a bale seal. All in all, with the great weather, some free sausages and taters from a nice farmer, good company and a gold coin, it was one of my best days detecting yet!
IMAG0282.jpg
IMAG0284.jpg
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG

Upvote 56

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

As stated many of us will never get one.
I never put gold coin on my top ten wish list before, this year I did put it on the list, but past number 10, as it is highly unlikely.

Old, and gold, a good combo.

Congrats.

Fortunately for the rest of us there's prizes as big or bigger that aren't as difficult to find. You don't know what it's going to be, but if you hunt early sites long enough one of them should come along.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have easily been you, we were only about 25 feet apart when I found it! But at least you know how close you've been to one now haha

Also rang in as a small button on my minelab XS coil.... Just too bad I didn't get there first!
:BangHead: LoL

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have easily been you, we were only about 25 feet apart when I found it! But at least you know how close you've been to one now haha

I suspect you'll find out how close you will get to a left hook. :laughing7:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gorgeous! congrats on the banner!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting for someone to dig an old gold for a long time , never thought it would happen , until today , luv it :notworthy:

dawg

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great GOLD find! Congrats and BANNER!

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wanted to offer another CONGRATULATIONS on an AWESOME FIRST GOLD COIN and a well-deserved banner spot. May this be the first of many :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my dad always said "I can run faster scared than you can mad" haha :tongue3:

I think the Patriot would be well served to buy a musket and put his huge collection of lead balls to good use. You won't outrun those! :laughing3:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great condition gold coin find :icon_thumright: Congrats . Jim

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

As stated many of us will never get one.
I never put gold coin on my top ten wish list before, this year I did put it on the list, but past number 10, as it is highly unlikely.

Old, and gold, a good combo.

Congrats.
You should never say that, I know a guy who has been doing this for over thirty years..and never found a Gold coin, till last summer....then went on and found another three, seperate ones, in the same summer :thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably couldn't outrun them if he was throwing them at me, with the shape I'm in! speaking of keeping my figure, I think poutine is in order for lunch :P

I think the Patriot would be well served to buy a musket and put his huge collection of lead balls to good use. You won't outrun those! :laughing3:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably couldn't outrun them if he was throwing them at me, with the shape I'm in! speaking of keeping my figure, I think poutine is in order for lunch :P

What's your figure, a number 6? LOL

Oh yeah, you and me both have the bad knees excuse. And even then the Patriot couldn't beat you to the gold coin.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My figure is the reverse hourglass, skinny on the top and bottom, fat in the middle! I used the straight line to the the edge of the field trick, struck gold about 20 feet feet off the edge. I know my knees let me know about it after a full days detecting.

What's your figure, a number 6? LOL

Oh yeah, you and me both have the bad knees excuse. And even then the Patriot couldn't beat you to the gold coin.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think how many Colonies there were.. NICE FINDS!!:occasion18:=ED

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY