New construction site

S

sounder

I guess it would depend on how much dirt was removed each time it was cleared, but it sounds like it might be worth a look anyway.

Happy Hunting.

sounder

T

TreasureTales

Yep, give it a looksee and then you won't kick yourself when they pour the foundation and you hear through the grapevine that an old picnic ground used to be in that same spot. It shouldn't take long to determine if it's worth hunting. Give it a try!!! ;) Then fill us in if you find anything.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cheezinoot said:
Ever heard of bk? He's on this site,just look up his past posts. That will definitly answer your question. LOL
Cheezinoot,
Thanks for the introduction. ;D

If the site ever had previous activity I would try it. If the building is just being built in an open field that never saw any activity then there probably won't be much to find. My moto is: "If in doubt, detect" All you have to loose is your time.
Good luck!

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Do what I call a detecting recon. Take a diagonal path across the field with descrimination set high. If you find an old coin, slow down and search that area hard. If it's producing, begin an organized thorough search. Turn the descrimination down as low as you can depending on the trash. You never know, I think back to some killer finds in the oddest of places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread